D2R (D2S, D2C) Headlight Bulb
High intensity discharge lights are used in vehicle headlamps and provide a glow generated via an electric arc, as opposed to filaments. HID headlamp D2 system bulbs, such as the D2R and D2S, vary in a number of ways.
D2S, D2R Bulb Best Choice
Top-rated D2R Bulb
PHILIPS Xenon X-TremeVision Gen2 +150% D2S HID Xenon Bulbs
- 4,8 Rating
- D2S 35W Direct replacement. Colour temperature: 4800K (Bright White)
- Produces up to 150% more light on the road, E-mark Road Legal
VehiCode D2S D2R LED Headlight Conversion Kit
- 4, 9 Rating
- 6000K White, 4200lms Per bulb
- Plug-N-Play, 35W Per Bulb, Xenon HID Ballast Compatible
OSRAM Xenarc Cool Blue Boost D2S Xenon Car Headlight Bulbs
- 4,7 Rating
- Up to 7000 K High contrast and most stylish look on the road
- For better visibility and shorter reaction times compared to standard xenon lamps
Best D2R Xenon HID Headlight Bulb
Best D2S D2R D2C LED Conversion Kit
Best Xenon D2S, D2R Bulbs
1. Philips D2S Standard Authentic Xenon HID Headlight Bulb
Philips Original quality Xenon technology. Consumes less energy and enhances visibility on the road. Xenon HID lights deliver better light but consume less power. This offers drivers enhanced visibility while allowing the vehicle to save electrical power for other functions.
4. OSRAM Xenarc Cool Blue Boost D2S Xenon Car Headlight Bulbs
Xenon hyper blue Hyper blue light due to a special filling system used instead of conventional coating. Up to 7000 K High contrast and most stylish look on the road. Enhanced brightness. For better visibility and shorter reaction times compared to standard xenon lamps.
5. RCP D2S/ D2R 6000K Xenon HID Replacement Bulb
HID is about 3200 lumens, the halogen lamp about 1000 lumens, HID consumes approximately 35 watts, about half the halogen lamps of 65 watts. Service life more 2500 hours, five times than the halogen bulb. Oil-resistant, heat-resistant and wear-resistant.
6. HID-Warehouse D2S / D2R / D2C HID Xenon Replacement Bulbs
D2C fits Both D2R and D2S Replacement Bulb for your vehicle with Factory HID. 100% Plug and Play Installation, no modification required. 35W HID Light Source Produces Up to 3x the Lumens at the Light Source When Compared to a 55W Halogen Bulb.
9. HYB 6000K 35W D2R car Xenon HID Headlight Replacement Bulb
Quartz Anti-UV Glass, Excellent in Performance. High Quality Xenon Gas and APL pills, Tungsten Metal Electrode. Increase 50 m Irradiation Distance, Gain 4.5 Seconds more Brake Reaction Time. Up to 3200 Lumens – More Brighter than Original Halogen Bulb. Longer lifespan- up to 3000 hours. Halogen only 500 hours. Plug and Play – Easy installation.
10. DMEX D2R 35W 6000K Cold White Xenon HID Headlight Bulbs
100% Quartz Anti-UV Glass, Excellent in Performance. High Quality Xenon Gas and APL pills, Tungsten Metal Electrode. Increase 50m Irradiation Distance, Gain 4.5 Seconds more Brake Reaction Time. Up to 3800 Lumens – More Brighter than Original Halogen Bulb.
11. XELORD D2S Xenon HID Headlights Bulb
100% brighter than common HID bulb. (D2S 6000K White) Ideal for the original bulb replacement. The lifespan is over 3,000 hours. Reduce the frequency of replacement and maintenance costs. Standard D2S holder with the same design as original lamp. Direct replacement for the stock ones. New D2S bulb prevents malfunctions and interference. Quick start in seconds.
12. Torchbeam D2S HID Xenon Headlight Replacement Bulbs
The Torchbeam D2S HID headlight bulb has a 6000K diamond white color temperature, which has a light output 3 times brighter than other bulbs. Made to the highest production standards, the D2S xenon HID headlight bulb features a service life of 3000 hours for longer-lasting illumination. Plug-and-play.
13. Mega Racer D2C D2R D2S HID Bulbs HID Headlights Xenon Light Bulbs
Low Beam Headlight Bulb Color: 6000K Diamond White. Life: Up to 10,000 Driving Hours. 35W Per Bulb Compared To 55W Halogen Bulbs. 8000 LM Per Pair 4000LM Per Light Bulb. Use In Place Of D2S HID Bulbs, D2C HID Bulbs and D2R HID Bulbs.
Best D2R Xenon HID Headlight Bulb
A gas discharge lamp can be recognized by the designation “Xenon D2R”, because the D stands for Discharge. From the “2” you can see that this type is already the second variant of the development. The “R” indicates that this type of glass bulb for xenon bulbs is used for headlamps with reflector system. All illumination on the road is provided by the design of the reflector or diffuser, which allows cover lenses made of clear glass or scratch-resistant plastic. The entire reflector is divided into individual segments by a sophisticated computer control system. Since all light is always reflected downwards, the road is always illuminated to the maximum and ensures safe driving, especially at night.
Characteristics and distinguishing features of D2S Bulb
D2S lamp is an artificial source of very bright luminescence, close to the natural daylight. The design is a base with a quartz glass bulb filled with a mixture of xenon-based gases. They are gas discharge lamps – in place of a filament, an electric arc is produced by applying voltage to the electrodes which induces emission of light energy.
D2S VS D2R
The main difference between light sources with D2S base from D2R – the presence in the headlight protective barrier and oval reflector, which focus the light flux passing through a lens, directing it to the road at the desired angle.
On the bulbs of D2R bulbs designed for parabolic reflectors, a special coating (shown in black), which acts as a self-absorbing mask that forms a directional light.
On the D2R lamps there is no light limiting dusting. The main characteristics – the brightness of the luminous flux, power consumption, rated voltage, as well as the ignition unit type are absolutely identical to the D2S. They differ only in the location of the grooves on the base skirt – installation requires a slight modification of the bulb or the installation of a special adapter.
How to choose the right lamp size?
Check the user manual. For example: “Notes: Dipped beam (with halogen capsule headlights)” means that our bulb is only suitable as a low beam for your car if your car is equipped with halogen capsule headlights.
Selecting a color temperature
This parameter is the main characteristic of a light source. It determines the color that the eye perceives. The unit of measurement is Kelvin.
Before selecting the color temperature, consider the main xenon luminance ranges:
- 3000 to 3500 K. Warm yellow light. Corresponds to the brightness of the luminous flux of 1500 lm, which is not enough for quality road lighting at night. Used as a light source for fog lights.
- From 4000 to 5000 K. Neutral white light corresponding to the sun in the morning and afternoon. This temperature is characterized by minimal visual distortions. Comfortable for perception – does not create glare and does not distract other road users. High intensity of luminous flux (up to 3000 lm) allows using lamps with such color temperature as head lights.
- From 5000 to 6000 K. White light, spectrally close to the midday light. At 5000 K the maximum luminance of 3900 lm is reached. As the color temperature increases further, the luminosity becomes less intense.
- 6000 to 8000 K. White light with a blue tint that becomes more intense as the temperature increases. The intensity of light decreases to 2300 lm, which negatively affects the perception of objects. It is used in fog lights or lens headlights.
The choice of color temperature largely depends on the owner’s preferences. In demand on the market are headlights at 5000-6000 K. Perception efficiency also depends on the temperature: for example, for wet asphalt the optimal light is 4300 K, and for snow – 4000 and 6000 K, which have equal brightness of luminous flux. Over time, the color temperature of the lamps increases, which is characterized by a change in the color of the beam. This signals that light sources will need to be replaced in a few weeks.
The filter system may not be 100% accurate or up to date. If you are not sure about the size, please confirm this with us before purchasing. Our lamps can function as low beam. High beam or fog light as long as the lamp size is the same. Most vehicles use separate lamps for high and low beam function (4 lamps in total).
This can be the different lamp size, which must be purchased separately.
Please make sure that your original lamp is D2S. If your original is D3S, but the D1S lamp is installed, it will flicker.