When choosing an engine oil for Hyundai Genesis, we recommend using an engine oil that has the specification API PS, ILSAC GF-6.
Best Synthetic Engine Oil 0W-20 for Genesis
Best engine oil for Genesis
1. Ravenol DXG 5W-30 Fully Synthetic Motor Oil
2. Formula Shell 5W-30 Motor Oil
3. Castrol EDGE 5W-20 Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oil
4. Idemitsu Full Synthetic 5W-20 Engine Oil
5. Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic 5W-30 Motor Oil
6. Havoline PRO DS Full Synthetic 5W30 Oil
7. ZEPRO Touring 5W-30 Engine Oil
8. Motul 8100 Eco-lite 5W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil
9. Eneos API SN/ILSAC GF-5 Certified 5W-20 Fully Synthetic Motor Oil
10. Castrol GTX ULTRACLEAN 5W-30 Motor Oil
Best motor oil for Genesis
Top rated synthetic oil for Genesis
Best rated synthetic oil for Hyundai Genesis
Hyundai engine oil recommendations
If you are the owner of a Hyundai Genesis, you know what it feels like to cruise the highway with excellent handling while your passengers enjoy a quiet and tranquil ride. This model is unique, and you take care of it like a family, but are you taking all the right steps to make sure it continues to work safely and efficiently in the future? One of the most important ways to take care of your Genesis is to make sure it gets all the TLCs it needs, including an oil change. Choosing the right oil for your Genesis also makes the difference. The type of oil the Genesis requires is 0W-20, and 5W-30. If the car is driven in mild climates, we recommend the 10W-30, but if you are driving at temperatures below freezing, it is best to choose the 5W-30.
Best engine oil for Hyundai Genesis
Buy Ravenol DXG 5W-30 Fully Synthetic Motor Oil
RAVENOL DXG SAE 5W-30 is a full synthetic low-viscosity engine oil based on PAO (polyalphaolefin) with special USVO and proven CleanSynto technology for passenger car petrol engines with and without turbocharging and direct injection.
For the development of RAVENOL DXG SAE 5W-30, the proven formulation of tri-nuclear molybdenum, tungsten and OFM (Organic Friction Modifiers) was used. In this formula, a highly polar Group V base oil was used, which has good compatibility with the PAO used.
Due to the USVO technology an extremely high viscosity stability was achieved. The disadvantages of polymeric viscosity improvers were avoided and exploited. This improves engine protection, performance, engine cleanliness and oil change intervals. USVO technology allows the product to be extremely resistant to oxidation and to shear losses throughout the change interval. This unique technology enables faster lubrication of the oil, minimizing friction and keeping the engine clean and efficient.
RAVENOL DXG SAE 5W-30 utilizes the positive properties of tungsten to smooth the surface structure of the engine, reduce friction and wear, and significantly improve mechanical efficiency.
With its new formulation, RAVENOL DXG SAE 5W-30 offers a safe lubricating layer even at very high operating temperatures and protects against corrosion and oil loss due to oxidation or coking. The excellent cold-start behavior ensures optimum lubrication reliability in the cold-running phase.
By significantly reducing fuel consumption, RAVENOL DXG SAE 5W-30 helps to protect the environment by reducing emissions.
RAVENOL DXG SAE 5W-30 helps to avoid slow pre-ignition LSPI (Low Speed Pre-ignition). This can help prevent engine damage.
Extended oil change intervals according to manufacturer specifications.
- New formula with dexos1™ Gen 2 approval
- Special molybdenum and tungsten additive formula for smoothing engine surfaces
- Particularly suitable for GDI engines
- Avoids low speed pre-ignition (LSPI).
- No oily deposits in combustion chambers, in the piston ring zone and on valves.
- Potential fuel savings in both partial and full-load operation
- Latest Low-SAPS technology = Low Sulphated Ash, Phosphorus and Sulphur
- Very stable viscosity behavior and excellent shear stability.
- Very good cold start properties
Buy Formula Shell 5W-30 Motor Oil
Formula Shell engine oil is your typical conventional oil produced by a renowned brand to service gasoline powered cars, generators, small power plants and off-road machines. In addition, it can be blended with other varieties of conventional and synthetic oils. Depending on the manual specifications of your owner, you can choose a different viscosity index.
Like most high-quality conventional engine oils, this has been injected with additives to remove harmful deposits and acids. Not to mention the viscosity, which allows the oil not to lose its quietness at extremely high temperatures. In other words, you do not have to worry about lubricity if it is too hot. In addition, fuel consumption will improve significantly.
Unfortunately, the product can work for any gasoline-powered vehicle, but if you drive a diesel engine, you will have to look elsewhere. The price is affordable, but not the cheapest on this list, as there are products that are sold at half price.
- Protection for extremely high temperatures
- Protection against harmful deposits and acids, which contributes to a clean running and durable engine.
- Can be used at any time in the life cycle of an engine and is fully compatible with conventional engine oils.
- Conventional engine oil has been developed for improved fuel economy.
- Provides engine protection and performance required by modern engines.
- Difficult to find in the stores
Buy Castrol EDGE 5W-20 Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oil
Castrol 03083 EDGE 5W-20 synthetic engine oil is designed for maximum performance and engine protection. The Edge exceeds ACEA B1, ACEA A1, API SN, ILSAC GF-5 standards for better deposition control. The oil also provides protection against oxidation and wear.
The engine oil meets the performance requirements of Ford, Chrysler and other vehicles and can adapt to the changing environment of your engine. It also gives your engine full protection, so performance is always at a high level.
This is possible because Castrol uses its own formula. The Edge does not burn quickly, which leads to higher performance. Finally, the oil reduces engine noise, a common problem at low temperatures.
- Offers optimum protection for motors
- Works with a variety of vehicles
- Leads to a smoother and quieter engine when used regularly
- The cap protector is somewhat difficult to remove
Buy Idemitsu Full Synthetic 5W-20 Engine Oil
Idemitsu Kosan Co. was founded in 1911 in Moji, Kita-Kyushu. It produces fuel products and basic chemicals, lubricants, engineering plastics, performance chemicals, organic light emitting diode (OLED) materials. Idemitsu develops clean and energy efficient products.
The container for this oil is 5 liters. Its high-quality friction modifying additive technologies and synthetic base oils save fuel. It protects the engine from wear and tear and minimizes the formation of deposits under any conditions. This means less oil is burnt and emissions are avoided. Reviewing your car’s owner’s manual is essential when selecting the oil that best suits your car.
With Idemitsu 30010091-530 C020 full synthetic 5W-20 engine oil, the engine achieves the highest levels of power, torque and efficiency. This eliminates the number of waste oils.
This extends the life of the engine and reduces fuel consumption.
Its density is 0.848 g/cm3. The kinematic viscosity at 40°C is 47.6 cSt. Kinematic viscosity at 100°C is 8.50 cSt. The viscosity index is 156. Flash point, COC is 232 °C. The Noack volatility is 9.2 % by weight. It is recommended for all vehicles using API SN/ILSAC GF-5 engine oil performance.
- Motor protection against wear and tear
- Elimination of emissions
- Maximum fuel consumption
- High level of performance
- It works best with gasoline engines
Buy Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic 5W-30 Motor Oil
Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic Motor Oil was developed using the company’s PurePlus Gas-to-Liquid technology, a patented process that converts pure natural gas into a high-quality, full synthetic base oil. Pennzoil claims that its base oil is 99.5% pure, which means it contains less impurities than crude base oils. In combination with a powerful additive system, the use of this oil could relieve you of up to 550 miles per year of additional fuel consumption compared to a dirty engine.
It is also ideal for modern turbo engines by providing protection against the effects of low speed pre-ignition (LSPI). Pennzoil also says that its synthetic oil flows faster at extremely cold temperatures, which means your engine parts are lubricated quickly during a cold start. At extremely hot temperatures, this oil has a lower tendency to evaporate.
Pennzoil’s synthetic oil keeps pistons up to 50% cleaner than the results of Sequence IIIH, one of the strictest industry standards, require.
- Full synthetic oil, improves fuel consumption
- Helps protect engines from power loss
- High performance at extreme temperatures
- Offers wear protection against friction and oxidation stability
- Most users have complaints about the packaging and the discount, a small number of reviews that the improvement in fuel economy is not as great as with other products.
Buy Havoline PRO DS Full Synthetic 5W30 Oil
Chevron Havoline Prods full synthetic engine oils with Deposit-Shield technology have been specially developed for the highest level of protection required by high performance engines. They feature excellent thermal, shear stability for viscosity control, and offer maximum performance and protection even at longer oil change intervals. They provide an additional level of protection for your investment in an SUV, high performance or luxury car. Havoline Prod’s full synthetic engine oils with deposition shield technology provide advanced protection for high performance, supercharged and turbocharged vehicles. Havoline Prod’s full synthetic engine oils with Deposit Shield technology are manufactured from 100% synthetic raw materials for peak performance. The exceptional volatility and stability of the synthetic base materials promotes low oil consumption, fast engine starting (especially in cold weather) and extremely fast lubrication of all moving parts. In addition, a special mixture of additives protects the engine from harmful deposits and wear.
- Chevron Havoline ProDS Full synthetic motor oils with Deposit Shield Technology deliver value through
- Easy cold start due to excellent low temperature properties of the synthetic base oils
- Minimizes engine deposits and emissions at high loads and stop-and-go driving conditions.
- Promotes long engine life through extremely fast lubrication during starting and excellent wear protection under all other engine-operating conditions.
- Chevron Havoline ProDS Fully synthetic engine oils with Deposit Shield Technology are recommended for four-stroke petrol engines in passenger cars, SUVs and light commercial vehicles.
Buy ZEPRO Touring 5W-30 Engine Oil
ZEPRO Touring 5W-30 is a full synthetic premium engine oil for gasoline-powered vehicles. It offers superior performance and protection compared to conventional and synthetic oils that only claim API and ILSAC performance categories. This advanced technology formulation is specifically designed to achieve significantly improved engine efficiency, fluid life, engine life and lower emissions.
ZEPRO Touring 5W-30 is approved for and meets the (2nd generation) dexos1: 2015 specifications. The advantages the ZEPRO Touring 5W-30 offers for powerful, fuel-efficient GM engines can also be used by most other domestic and import vehicles.
Idemitsu engine oils have achieved the highest grade, GF-5, of the ILSAC standard, which includes fuel consumption in the API standard, an indicator of engine oil content.
They offer the highest quality and environmental performance in the world.
- Provides excellent protection against low speed pre-ignition events that can cause engine damage.
- Excellent low temperature flowability and pumpability for improved fuel economy and cold start wear protection.
- Provides extreme oxidation resistance with improved protection against the formation of sludge and other harmful deposits.
- Meets API SN requirements – refer to the owner’s manual to ensure you are purchasing the right oil for your vehicle.
Motul 8100 Eco-Lite 5W-30 is a synthetic engine oil. It is made of high quality components. Corresponds to the American standards API SN/CF and Japanese-American ILSAC GF-5. It is an excellent choice for modern gasoline engines. Motul oil 8100 EcoLight 5B-30 shows itself perfectly at low temperatures, the degree of solidification is minus 39 ° C, and at the same time retains the uniformity and strength of the oil film at high temperatures.
100% synthetic, fuel-saving engine oil, specially developed for modern petrol engines, with suction or turbocharging, indirect or direct injection, developed to use low friction engine oil with low HTHS viscosity (≥ 2. 9 mPa. s). Suitable for modern petrol engines requiring a viscosity class of 30 and a fuel-saving lubricant.
- Applies to lightweight oils
- Contains: sulfate ash not exceeding 0.84%
- Keeps the engine components free from wear and tear, helps to clean and prevent deposits
- Energy saving
- Difficult to find in the store
ENEOS 5W-20 Full Synthetic Engine Oil is a 100% full synthetic engine oil that offers excellent engine cleanliness and wear resistance due to its high performance base oil and additive blend.
It offers excellent fuel saving properties and excellent thermal and oxidation stability. Complies with API SN/RC and ILSAC GF-5 standards.
- Comes with full manufacturer warranty
- Fits multiple makes and models (contact seller with your vehicle for fitment compatibility information)
- Difficult to find in store
Few oil brands can boast of having a solid reputation like Castrol. Like most of its products, Castrol GTX engine oil is at the top of the shelf when it comes to removing mud. Do you know this thick, sticky substance? Be careful, it can destroy your engine if left untreated. Even better, this product can do the job much better than the typical industry standard oil.
It comes packaged in a 5-quarter bottle, or if you want something smaller and cheaper, you can opt for the 1-quarter bottle. Best of all, it reduces oil consumption and does not lose its characteristic properties as long as you follow the instructions. Not to mention, it can prevent thermal collapse.
On the other hand, the engine oil is harmful to skin and eyes. It is therefore advisable to wear gloves and not to touch them directly with bare hands. If you touch it, it is recommended that you wash your skin thoroughly with soap and water. Contaminated clothing should also be disposed of.
- Stops the thermal breakthrough
- Slow oil consumption
- anti-wear additives
- Large bottle
- Low price
- Easy to store
- Exposure to skin or eyes is harmful
Engine Oil for Genesis
Use only high-quality lubricants to achieve optimum engine and transmission performance and extend their service life. Quality lubricants also affect engine performance and reduce fuel consumption.
Engine oil viscosity affects fuel consumption and cold weather operation (engine start and oil supply).
A low viscosity engine oil provides better fuel economy and better cold-weather operation, while a high viscosity oil is essential for proper engine lubrication in hot conditions.
The use of oils with viscosity ratios other than recommended may result in engine failure.
When selecting an oil, consider the temperature range that your vehicle will be driven in before the next oil change.
Genesis Engine Oil Recommendations:
- For Genesis: 5.2 l
- Recommended volume: 5.49 US qt.
- Oil viscosity: 0w-20, 0w-30, 5w-30
- Classification: API Service SN or higher, ILSAC GF-5 or higher
Hyundai Genesis engine oil capacity in quarts – liters. Manufactured in : 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014.
How many quarts/liters of engine oil is needed for an oil change including replacement of oil filter for a Hyundai Genesis.
When you change the oil on your car by yourself, you need to know your engine volume or the amount of oil you need. Below is information to help you do this:
Hyundai Genesis with engine 2.0 l, engine oil capacity in quarts/liters
- Hyundai Genesis with engine 2.0 l.
- Car fuel: gasoline.
- Hyundai Genesis engine cod.
- Engine capacity: 1998 ccm (121,31 cubic inches).
- Hyundai Genesis engine oil capacity: 5.3 liters or 5.6 quarts US or 1.4 gallons US.
- Hyundai Genesis manual gearbox oil capacity: 2.0 l or 2.11 qt or 0.53 gal.
- Hyundai Genesis automatic gearbox oil capacity: 10 l or 10.56 qt or 2.64 gal.
- Hyundai Genesis recommended engine oil: 5w30.
Hyundai Genesis with engine 3.8 l, engine oil capacity in quarts/liters
- Hyundai Genesis with engine 3.8 l.
- Car fuel: gasoline.
- Hyundai Genesis engine cod.
- Engine capacity: 1998 ccm (121,31 cubic inches).
- Hyundai Genesis engine oil capacity: 5.2 liters or 5.49 quarts US or 1.37 gallons US.
- Hyundai Genesis manual gearbox oil capacity.
- Hyundai Genesis automatic gearbox oil capacity: 8.2 l or 8.66 qt or 2.16 gal.
- Hyundai Genesis recommended engine oil: 5w30.