Best engine oil for Hyundai Sonata
1. Ravenol DXG 5W-30 Fully Synthetic Motor Oil
2. Formula Shell 5W-30 Motor Oil
3. Castrol EDGE 5W-20 Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oil
4. Idemitsu Full Synthetic 5W-20 Engine Oil
5. Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic 5W-30 Motor Oil
6. Havoline PRO DS Full Synthetic 5W30 Oil
7. ZEPRO Touring 5W-30 Engine Oil
8. Motul 8100 Eco-lite 5W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil
9. Eneos API SN/ILSAC GF-5 Certified 5W-20 Fully Synthetic Motor Oil
10. Castrol GTX ULTRACLEAN 5W-30 Motor Oil
11. Quaker State High Mileage 5W-30 Motor Oil
12. Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic Motor Oil 10W-30
13. Quaker State High Mileage 10W-30 Motor Oil
14. Castrol EDGE High Mileage 10W-30 Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oil
Best motor oil for Hyundai Sonata
Top rated synthetic oil for Hyundai Sonata
Best rated synthetic oil for Hyundai Sonata
Motor oil for hyundai sonata old model
Hyundai engine oil recommendations
If you are the owner of a Hyundai Sonata, you know what it feels like to cruise the highway with excellent handling while your passengers enjoy a quiet and tranquil ride. This model is unique, and you take care of it like a family, but are you taking all the right steps to make sure it continues to work safely and efficiently in the future? One of the most important ways to take care of your sonata is to make sure it gets all the TLCs it needs, including an oil change. Choosing the right oil for your sonata also makes the difference. The type of oil the Hyundai Sonata requires is 5W-20, 5W-30, and 10W-30. If the car is driven in mild climates, we recommend the 10W-30, but if you are driving at temperatures below freezing, it is best to choose the 5W-30.
Best engine oil for Hyundai Sonata
Buy Ravenol DXG 5W-30 Fully Synthetic Motor Oil
RAVENOL DXG SAE 5W-30 is a full synthetic low-viscosity engine oil based on PAO (polyalphaolefin) with special USVO and proven CleanSynto technology for passenger car petrol engines with and without turbocharging and direct injection.
For the development of RAVENOL DXG SAE 5W-30, the proven formulation of tri-nuclear molybdenum, tungsten and OFM (Organic Friction Modifiers) was used. In this formula, a highly polar Group V base oil was used, which has good compatibility with the PAO used.
Due to the USVO technology an extremely high viscosity stability was achieved. The disadvantages of polymeric viscosity improvers were avoided and exploited. This improves engine protection, performance, engine cleanliness and oil change intervals. USVO technology allows the product to be extremely resistant to oxidation and to shear losses throughout the change interval. This unique technology enables faster lubrication of the oil, minimizing friction and keeping the engine clean and efficient.
RAVENOL DXG SAE 5W-30 utilizes the positive properties of tungsten to smooth the surface structure of the engine, reduce friction and wear, and significantly improve mechanical efficiency.
With its new formulation, RAVENOL DXG SAE 5W-30 offers a safe lubricating layer even at very high operating temperatures and protects against corrosion and oil loss due to oxidation or coking. The excellent cold-start behavior ensures optimum lubrication reliability in the cold-running phase.
By significantly reducing fuel consumption, RAVENOL DXG SAE 5W-30 helps to protect the environment by reducing emissions.
RAVENOL DXG SAE 5W-30 helps to avoid slow pre-ignition LSPI (Low Speed Pre-ignition). This can help prevent engine damage.
Extended oil change intervals according to manufacturer specifications.
- New formula with dexos1™ Gen 2 approval
- Special molybdenum and tungsten additive formula for smoothing engine surfaces
- Particularly suitable for GDI engines
- Avoids low speed pre-ignition (LSPI).
- No oily deposits in combustion chambers, in the piston ring zone and on valves.
- Potential fuel savings in both partial and full-load operation
- Latest Low-SAPS technology = Low Sulphated Ash, Phosphorus and Sulphur
- Very stable viscosity behavior and excellent shear stability.
- Very good cold start properties
Buy Formula Shell 5W-30 Motor Oil
Formula Shell engine oil is your typical conventional oil produced by a renowned brand to service gasoline powered cars, generators, small power plants and off-road machines. In addition, it can be blended with other varieties of conventional and synthetic oils. Depending on the manual specifications of your owner, you can choose a different viscosity index.
Like most high-quality conventional engine oils, this has been injected with additives to remove harmful deposits and acids. Not to mention the viscosity, which allows the oil not to lose its quietness at extremely high temperatures. In other words, you do not have to worry about lubricity if it is too hot. In addition, fuel consumption will improve significantly.
Unfortunately, the product can work for any gasoline-powered vehicle, but if you drive a diesel engine, you will have to look elsewhere. The price is affordable, but not the cheapest on this list, as there are products that are sold at half price.
- Protection for extremely high temperatures
- Protection against harmful deposits and acids, which contributes to a clean running and durable engine.
- Can be used at any time in the life cycle of an engine and is fully compatible with conventional engine oils.
- Conventional engine oil has been developed for improved fuel economy.
- Provides engine protection and performance required by modern engines.
- Difficult to find in the stores
Buy Castrol EDGE 5W-20 Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oil
Castrol 03083 EDGE 5W-20 synthetic engine oil is designed for maximum performance and engine protection. The Edge exceeds ACEA B1, ACEA A1, API SN, ILSAC GF-5 standards for better deposition control. The oil also provides protection against oxidation and wear.
The engine oil meets the performance requirements of Ford, Chrysler and other vehicles and can adapt to the changing environment of your engine. It also gives your engine full protection, so performance is always at a high level.
This is possible because Castrol uses its own formula. The Edge does not burn quickly, which leads to higher performance. Finally, the oil reduces engine noise, a common problem at low temperatures.
- Offers optimum protection for motors
- Works with a variety of vehicles
- Leads to a smoother and quieter engine when used regularly
- The cap protector is somewhat difficult to remove
Buy Idemitsu Full Synthetic 5W-20 Engine Oil
Idemitsu Kosan Co. was founded in 1911 in Moji, Kita-Kyushu. It produces fuel products and basic chemicals, lubricants, engineering plastics, performance chemicals, organic light emitting diode (OLED) materials. Idemitsu develops clean and energy efficient products.
The container for this oil is 5 liters. Its high-quality friction modifying additive technologies and synthetic base oils save fuel. It protects the engine from wear and tear and minimizes the formation of deposits under any conditions. This means less oil is burnt and emissions are avoided. Reviewing your car’s owner’s manual is essential when selecting the oil that best suits your car.
With Idemitsu 30010091-530 C020 full synthetic 5W-20 engine oil, the engine achieves the highest levels of power, torque and efficiency. This eliminates the number of waste oils.
This extends the life of the engine and reduces fuel consumption.
Its density is 0.848 g/cm3. The kinematic viscosity at 40°C is 47.6 cSt. Kinematic viscosity at 100°C is 8.50 cSt. The viscosity index is 156. Flash point, COC is 232 °C. The Noack volatility is 9.2 % by weight. It is recommended for all vehicles using API SN/ILSAC GF-5 engine oil performance.
- Motor protection against wear and tear
- Elimination of emissions
- Maximum fuel consumption
- High level of performance
- It works best with gasoline engines
Buy Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic 5W-30 Motor Oil
Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic Motor Oil was developed using the company’s PurePlus Gas-to-Liquid technology, a patented process that converts pure natural gas into a high-quality, full synthetic base oil. Pennzoil claims that its base oil is 99.5% pure, which means it contains less impurities than crude base oils. In combination with a powerful additive system, the use of this oil could relieve you of up to 550 miles per year of additional fuel consumption compared to a dirty engine.
It is also ideal for modern turbo engines by providing protection against the effects of low speed pre-ignition (LSPI). Pennzoil also says that its synthetic oil flows faster at extremely cold temperatures, which means your engine parts are lubricated quickly during a cold start. At extremely hot temperatures, this oil has a lower tendency to evaporate.
Pennzoil’s synthetic oil keeps pistons up to 50% cleaner than the results of Sequence IIIH, one of the strictest industry standards, require.
- Full synthetic oil, improves fuel consumption
- Helps protect engines from power loss
- High performance at extreme temperatures
- Offers wear protection against friction and oxidation stability
- Most users have complaints about the packaging and the discount, a small number of reviews that the improvement in fuel economy is not as great as with other products.
Buy Havoline PRO DS Full Synthetic 5W30 Oil
Chevron Havoline Prods full synthetic engine oils with Deposit-Shield technology have been specially developed for the highest level of protection required by high performance engines. They feature excellent thermal, shear stability for viscosity control, and offer maximum performance and protection even at longer oil change intervals. They provide an additional level of protection for your investment in an SUV, high performance or luxury car. Havoline Prod’s full synthetic engine oils with deposition shield technology provide advanced protection for high performance, supercharged and turbocharged vehicles. Havoline Prod’s full synthetic engine oils with Deposit Shield technology are manufactured from 100% synthetic raw materials for peak performance. The exceptional volatility and stability of the synthetic base materials promotes low oil consumption, fast engine starting (especially in cold weather) and extremely fast lubrication of all moving parts. In addition, a special mixture of additives protects the engine from harmful deposits and wear.
- Chevron Havoline ProDS Full synthetic motor oils with Deposit Shield Technology deliver value through
- Easy cold start due to excellent low temperature properties of the synthetic base oils
- Minimizes engine deposits and emissions at high loads and stop-and-go driving conditions.
- Promotes long engine life through extremely fast lubrication during starting and excellent wear protection under all other engine-operating conditions.
- Chevron Havoline ProDS Fully synthetic engine oils with Deposit Shield Technology are recommended for four-stroke petrol engines in passenger cars, SUVs and light commercial vehicles.
Buy ZEPRO Touring 5W-30 Engine Oil
ZEPRO Touring 5W-30 is a full synthetic premium engine oil for gasoline-powered vehicles. It offers superior performance and protection compared to conventional and synthetic oils that only claim API and ILSAC performance categories. This advanced technology formulation is specifically designed to achieve significantly improved engine efficiency, fluid life, engine life and lower emissions.
ZEPRO Touring 5W-30 is approved for and meets the (2nd generation) dexos1: 2015 specifications. The advantages the ZEPRO Touring 5W-30 offers for powerful, fuel-efficient GM engines can also be used by most other domestic and import vehicles.
Idemitsu engine oils have achieved the highest grade, GF-5, of the ILSAC standard, which includes fuel consumption in the API standard, an indicator of engine oil content.
They offer the highest quality and environmental performance in the world.
- Provides excellent protection against low speed pre-ignition events that can cause engine damage.
- Excellent low temperature flowability and pumpability for improved fuel economy and cold start wear protection.
- Provides extreme oxidation resistance with improved protection against the formation of sludge and other harmful deposits.
- Meets API SN requirements – refer to the owner’s manual to ensure you are purchasing the right oil for your vehicle.
Motul 8100 Eco-Lite 5W-30 is a synthetic engine oil. It is made of high quality components. Corresponds to the American standards API SN/CF and Japanese-American ILSAC GF-5. It is an excellent choice for modern gasoline engines. Motul oil 8100 EcoLight 5B-30 shows itself perfectly at low temperatures, the degree of solidification is minus 39 ° C, and at the same time retains the uniformity and strength of the oil film at high temperatures.
100% synthetic, fuel-saving engine oil, specially developed for modern petrol engines, with suction or turbocharging, indirect or direct injection, developed to use low friction engine oil with low HTHS viscosity (≥ 2. 9 mPa. s). Suitable for modern petrol engines requiring a viscosity class of 30 and a fuel-saving lubricant.
- Applies to lightweight oils
- Contains: sulfate ash not exceeding 0.84%
- Keeps the engine components free from wear and tear, helps to clean and prevent deposits
- Energy saving
- Difficult to find in the store
ENEOS 5W-20 Full Synthetic Engine Oil is a 100% full synthetic engine oil that offers excellent engine cleanliness and wear resistance due to its high performance base oil and additive blend.
It offers excellent fuel saving properties and excellent thermal and oxidation stability. Complies with API SN/RC and ILSAC GF-5 standards.
- Comes with full manufacturer warranty
- Fits multiple makes and models (contact seller with your vehicle for fitment compatibility information)
- Difficult to find in store
Few oil brands can boast of having a solid reputation like Castrol. Like most of its products, Castrol GTX engine oil is at the top of the shelf when it comes to removing mud. Do you know this thick, sticky substance? Be careful, it can destroy your engine if left untreated. Even better, this product can do the job much better than the typical industry standard oil.
It comes packaged in a 5-quarter bottle, or if you want something smaller and cheaper, you can opt for the 1-quarter bottle. Best of all, it reduces oil consumption and does not lose its characteristic properties as long as you follow the instructions. Not to mention, it can prevent thermal collapse.
On the other hand, the engine oil is harmful to skin and eyes. It is therefore advisable to wear gloves and not to touch them directly with bare hands. If you touch it, it is recommended that you wash your skin thoroughly with soap and water. Contaminated clothing should also be disposed of.
- Stops the thermal breakthrough
- Slow oil consumption
- anti-wear additives
- Large bottle
- Low price
- Easy to store
- Exposure to skin or eyes is harmful
Buy Quaker State High Mileage 5W-30 Motor Oil
For a brand that has been a leading oil lubricant dealer for 100 years, you know that it delivers quality. This conventional engine oil is intended for those who want a viscosity of 5W-30. As proof of its superior quality, it has been tested and approved by the American Petroleum Institute (API).
So, what does it do? The formula includes rust and corrosion inhibitors as well as wear protection. In fact, manufacturers claim it offers twice the wear protection of conventional oil. In addition, it can also be used at extreme temperatures. The price is affordable compared to other similar products.
The product is not suitable for diesel engines. However, if you have a petrol-powered car, this conventional engine oil can work for you. Just make sure you read your car’s owner’s manual to confirm that it is compatible.
- Wear protection
- Rust and corrosion inhibitors
- Extends the life of your engine
- Good viscosity evaluation
- It has been tested and certified by the American Petroleum Institute.
- Not ideal for diesel engines
Motor oil for hyundai sonata old model
Buy Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic Motor Oil 10W-30
As we saw on the 5w30 test, it is a full synthetic oil made from natural gas as a raw material, with a combination of additives that ensure cleaner pistons, better fuel economy and protection of engines from metal abrasion due to friction due to power loss.
Thanks to its extremely pure (99.5%) base material, it ensures faster oil flow at low temperatures.
Once again, we have an engine oil that meets or exceeds the vast majority of industry standards, from Dexos 1 to ACEA, including dozens of vehicle manufacturers’ own standards.
- Developed for a high quality base oil using our revolutionary PurePlus Gas-to-Liquid technology in combination with a powerful additive system.
- Protects against the effects of low speed pre-ignition (LSPI) in modern turbocharged engines.
- Provides better fuel economy that helps you drive an extra 550 miles per year compared to a dirty engine.
- Provides unsurpassed wear protection by preventing engine parts from coming into contact.
- Provides excellent piston cleanliness and keeps pistons up to 50% cleaner than required by the most stringent industry standards – based on the results of Sequence IIIH engine testing.
Buy Quaker State High Mileage 10W-30 Motor Oil
Quaker State High Mileage Engine Oil is a synthetic blend oil formulated with additional wear protection additives to protect against the wear and tear experienced by high mileage engines in daily driving. It also helps prevent leakage from seals and reduces oil consumption even in worn engines. High Mileage 10W-30 is recommended for use in all vehicles that require the use of SAE 10W-30 viscosity engine oils under all driving conditions.
Valvoline and Castrol can offer high mileage semi-synthetic formulations, but Quaker State has gone the extra mile developing conventional synthetic blends and fully synthetic oils, all designed for older vehicles, so buyers can choose the compromise between price and performance that works for them. There are many followers of their Defy High Mileage blends who have run the oil in vehicles that have anywhere from 200,000 to 300,000 miles on their engines.
- Helps reduce war and prolong engine life.
- Active seal conditioning agents to keep seals free of leaks and oil loss.
- Reinforced zinc additives for additional wear protection on wear-intensive surfaces.
- Advanced thermal and oxidative stability to reduce oil burn-up.
- Contains additional friction modifiers for improved fuel economy.
- Difficult to find in the store
Buy Castrol EDGE High Mileage 10W-30 Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oil
CASTROL EDGE HIGH MILEAGE FOR MAXIMUM PERFORMANCE IN VEHICLES WITH MORE THAN 75K MILES. Castrol EDGE High Mileage is part of our strongest and most advanced range of full synthetic engine oils. It has been developed using fluid-titanium technology to achieve superior engine oil resistance and help your vehicle maximize performance. As your car ages, the engine can lose power and efficiency. Proper vehicle maintenance is critical to maintaining the performance of an older engine. Exceeds the manufacturer’s warranty requirements for applications requiring API SN (Resource Conserving) and ILSAC GF-5.
Castrol EDGE is a full synthetic engine oil designed for drivers who want the best from their engines. Castrol EDGE with liquid titanium is the first choice for drivers who demand maximum performance and protection from their vehicles. Create exhilarating performance with any drive.
Did you know that friction could waste up to 10% of engine power? Today’s engines are smaller, more powerful and under more pressure than ever before. Increased demands on the engine to achieve performance and fuel efficiency mean that friction must not affect engine performance. Castrol EDGE with patented liquid titanium transforms its structure under pressure to keep the metal apart. It reduces friction for maximum engine performance.
- Titanium strong for maximum engine power in vehicles with more than 75,000 miles.
- Maximizes the short and long term engine performance of high mileage engines.
- Reinforced with extra liquid titanium technology to increase oil film thickness and reduce film breakage.
- Reduces leakage, oil burn-off and power-sapping deposits.
- Improves fuel economy
- Castrol recommends the use of Bosch oil filters.
- May be problems with packaging during delivery
The importance of an oil change
One maintenance task that must be performed regularly is an oil change, and many people do not know how often they should do this. The answer can be found in your vehicle’s owner’s manual, which lists the service intervals for your Hyundai model, but generally we recommend that you have your oil checked every 5,000 to 7,000 kilometers. However, it varies by model since many new cars can go as long as 10,000 miles without changing their oil. Depending on how often you drive your car, this can be quite often in the year.
Many drivers do not realize the importance of the car parts that keep their vehicle running. Whenever a component has a defect, it has a big impact on your car’s performance. A vehicle’s oil lubricates the various parts inside the engine so they can move efficiently. Because oil disintegrates from the engine and the environment due to dust, dirt and debris, the oil cannot perform this important function.
Hyundai Sonata recommended oil
Always clean the area around the filler neck, drain plug or dipstick before checking or draining lubricants. This is particularly important in dusty or sandy areas and when the vehicle is used on dirt roads. Cleaning the plug and dipstick areas will prevent dirt and chippings from entering the engine and other mechanisms that could be damaged.
The viscosity (thickness) of the engine oil affects fuel consumption and cold weather operation (engine start and oil flow). Low viscosity engine oils can provide better fuel economy and cooling performance, but higher viscosity engine oils are required for satisfactory lubrication in hot weather. The use of oils with a viscosity other than that recommended may result in engine damage.
When selecting an oil, consider the temperature range in which your vehicle will operate before the next oil change. Continue to select the recommended oil viscosity from the table.
What kind of oil should I use in my 2017 Hyundai Sonata?
Hyundai Sonata 2017, High Performance SAE 5W-20 Synthetic Motor Oil
What kind of oil should I use in my 2013 Hyundai Sonata?
Hyundai Sonata 2013, SAE 5W-20 Synthetic Motor Oil
What kind of oil should I use in my 2015 Hyundai Sonata?
Hyundai Sonata 2015, SAE 5W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil
Does Hyundai use synthetic oil?
All vehicles, including used, certified used cars and new Hyundai vehicles, require oil to lubricate the moving parts and components in the engine. In recent decades, people have had more than just the weight and viscosity they need to consider when choosing the oil they want to use in their vehicles. Today there are conventional engine oils, synthetic and conventional blends and full synthetic oils.
The thing to remember is that each of these provides the lubrication that your engine needs. However, there are differences in overall performance and longevity that affect how often the oil and oil filter needs to be changed at your Hyundai dealer’s service department.
In addition, all oils offer several advantages, regardless of which one you use in your Hyundai, as follows:
- Oils help to reduce friction and wear on moving engine parts and components.
- Oils add a protective layer over parts and components to prevent “metal on metal” friction.
- Oils help control the internal engine temperature so that the engine will operate at a constant average operating temperature after the engine has warmed up.
- Oils help improve the reliability and efficiency of engine parts and components.
- Oils help extend the life of engine parts and components.
To maintain the above benefits, you must change your oil at the prescribed intervals to ensure that it is kept clean.
You may be wondering what all the hype is about using synthetic blends or full synthetic oils instead of conventional motor oils. Synthetic blends and full synthetic have some additional advantages over conventional engine oils that are better for the performance of your Hyundai.
Before we talk about it, it is important to understand that all oils are made from crude oil. What makes the oil synthetic are the advanced refining processes, i.e. it can also be purified, distilled and individual molecules replaced by synthetic ones. These additional refining processes allow oil production to be adapted to specific engine types to improve their efficiency and performance.
As refining progresses, synthetic materials also contain fewer impurities than conventional engine oils. From these we benefit from the additional benefits, including:
- Synthetic oils break down more slowly than conventional oils. When your engine gets hot, conventional oils start to decompose and become less effective. You can also start evaporating and leave less oil behind to protect your engine.
- Synthetic oils keep the engine and its parts and components clean. Conventional oils mix with deposits inside the engine. This can cause them to become thicker, dirtier and muddier. Because synthetics contain fewer contaminants, they do not mix so easily with deposits and are even resistant to sludge to keep the engine cleaner and longer.
- Synthetic oils provide better protection for moving parts and components. We have already mentioned how conventional oils are degraded by the heat generated by the engine. If they deteriorate, their ability to protect parts in components inside the engine is also limited.
- Synthetic oils flow more easily and are more resistant to colder temperatures. Synthetics are manufactured to flow evenly in both cold and hot temperatures to keep parts and components properly lubricated.
- Synthetic oils have been developed for modern turbocharged injection engines. As engine sizes become smaller, fuel injection and turbocharging are two technologies to ensure that there is no power loss and that power upgrades are available when needed. As a result, engine temperatures can be significantly higher for these engine types. Since synthetic oils do not break at high temperatures, they are better than conventional oils.
- Synthetic oils last longer and do not need to be changed as often. If you typically drive 1,000 miles a month, you must change your oil every 3 months or 3,000 miles with conventional engine oils. On the other hand, with synthetic plastics, you may only need to change your oil once every 10 months or 10,000 miles.
- Even if synthetics can cost a little more, you will save money in the long run because you need fewer oil changes. Not to mention that the engine of your Hyundai runs better and longer.
What is synthetic engine oil?
Synthetic engine oil consists of two components:
Raw material – In contrast to conventional engine oil, synthetic engine oils are artificially produced or synthesized. Due to the higher purity of the synthetic oil, the properties of the synthetic engine oil can withstand the heat much better than with conventional engine oil. Synthetic engine oil can also withstand colder temperatures better than conventional engine oils. This is a great advantage when starting an engine for the first time in cold weather.
Power additives – In addition to the raw material, power additives are added to both conventional and synthetic engine oils. Performance additives in synthetic engine oil provide superior protection in extreme driving conditions such as extremely cold or hot temperatures.
Advantages and disadvantages of using synthetic engine oil
- Synthetic motor increases the service life of a motor
- Longer oil change intervals due to viscosity deviations
- Better for extreme driving conditions, especially in extremely cold or hot weather
- Synthetic motor increases the service life of a motor.
- Longer oil change intervals due to viscosity deviations.
- Better for extreme driving conditions, especially in extremely cold or hot weather.
- Synthetic engine can cost up to twice as much as conventional engine oil
Is synthetic oil better than conventional engine oil?
There is no doubt that synthetic oil is better than conventional engine oil. Since synthetic oil is made from smaller molecules and less impurities, it is only a much better lubricant. It is particularly beneficial for today’s modern engines that have tighter tolerances and smaller oil channels that require a super lubricant. Car manufacturers are demanding that synthetic oil be used more and more. Most new vehicles must use at least one synthetic compound.
Synthetic oil can be used at any point in the life of a vehicle if it is brand new or many kilometers long. If someone is planning to keep a vehicle for a long time, the use of synthetic oil is a good idea if it has been used from the beginning. On the other hand, if someone gets a new vehicle every year, why do you have the extra cost of synthetic oil?
Model: Hyundai (EU) Sonata, Y2 (1988 – 1994)
|Oil Change Intervals|
|Sonata 1.8i (1988 – 1992)||3.9 / 0.4||10 000 km/ 6 months|
|Sonata 1.8i (1992 – 1994)||3.3 / 0.4||15 000 km/ 12 months|
|Sonata 2.0i (1988 – 1992)||3.9 / 0.4||10 000 km/ 6 months|
|Sonata 2.0i (1992 – 1994)||3.3 / 0.4||15 000 km/ 12 months|
|Sonata 2.0i 16V (1991 – 1994)||3.7 / 0.4||15 000 km/ 12 months|
|Sonata 2.4i (1988 – 1992)||3.9 / 0.4||10 000 km/ 6 months|
|Sonata 3.0i V6 (1989 – 1992)||4 / 0.4||10 000 km/ 6 months|
|Sonata 3.0i V6 (1992 – 1994)||4 / 0.4||15 000 km/ 12 months|
Model: Hyundai (EU) Sonata, Y3 (1994 – 1998)
|Oil Change Intervals|
|Sonata 1.8i (1994 – 1998)||3.3 / 0.4||15 000 km/ 12 months|
|Sonata 2.0i (1994 – 1998)||3.3 / 0.4||15 000 km/ 12 months|
|Sonata 2.0i 16V (1994 – 1998)||3.7 / 0.4||15 000 km/ 12 months|
|Sonata 3.0i V6 (1994 – 1998)||4 / 0.3||15 000 km/ 12 months|
Model: Hyundai (EU) Sonata, EF (1998 – 2005)
|Oil Change Intervals|
|Sonata 2.0i 16V (1998 – 2005)||4.2||15 000 km/ 12 months|
|Sonata 2.4i 16V (1998 – 2005)||G4CS||4.5 / 0.3||15 000 km/ 12 months|
|Sonata 2.7i V6 (2001 – 2005)||4.5||15 000 km/ 12 months|
Model: Hyundai (EU) Sonata, NF (2005 – 2010)
|Oil Change Intervals|
|Sonata 2.0 (2005 – 2010)||Theta||4.1||15 000 km/ 12 months|
|Sonata 2.4i 16V (2005 – 2010)||2.4 16V||4 / 0.3||15 000 km/ 12 months|
|Sonata 3.3i V6 (2005 – 2010)||3.3 V6||5.6||15 000 km/ 12 months|
|Sonata 2.0 CRDi (2006 – 2010)||D4EA||5.9 / 0.5||n/a|
Model: Hyundai (EU) Sonata / i45, YF (2011 – 2015)
|Oil Change Intervals|
|Sonata / i45 2.0 MPI (2011 – 2012)||Theta||4.1 / 0.3||15 000 km/ 12 months|
|Sonata / i45 2.0 MPI (2013 – 2014)||Theta||4.1 / 0.3||15 000 km/ 12 months|
|Sonata / i45 2.0 MPI (2015 – 2015)||Theta||4 / 0.3||15 000 km/ 12 months|
|Sonata / i45 2.0T GDI (2011 – 2014)||Theta Turbo||4.1||15 000 km/ 12 months|
|Sonata / i45 2.4 MPI (2011 – 2014)||Theta II||4.5 / 0.3||15 000 km/ 12 months|
|Sonata / i45 2.4 MPI (2015 – 2015)||Theta II||4.5 without oil cooler + yellow dipstick
4.6 with oil cooler + yellow dipstick
4.9 without oil cooler + red dipstick
5.0 with oil cooler + red dipstick
Filter capacity 0.3-0.4 l
|15 000 km/ 12 months|
|Sonata / i45 2.4 GDI (2011 – 2014)||Theta II||4.6 / 0.4||15 000 km/ 12 months|
|Sonata / i45 2.4 GDI (2015 – 2015)||Theta II||4.6 / 0.4 with yellow dipstick
5.0 / 0.4 with red dipstick
|15 000 km/ 12 months|
|Sonata / i45 2.4 MPI Hybrid (2014 – 2015)||Theta II||4.6 / 0.4 with yellow dipstick
5.0 / 0.4 with red dipstick
|15 000 km/ 12 months|