Headlights do not get much love from those who own their vehicles, but they are an integral part of the automotive experience. By replacing your headlights with something brighter, you can increase both safety and comfort, as you can see more below. H7 lamps are one of the most common types, and there is a surprising amount of options for those looking for an upgrade.
We show you 5 of the best H7 bulbs and then help you decide which one is right for you.
HELLA H7 12V/55W Halogen Standard Bulb
Buy HELLA H7 12V/55W Halogen Standard Bulb
If you are looking to go with just one standard halogen bulb to replace an old light bulb and are not necessarily worried about a major upgrade, then these are what you are looking for. These halogen bulbs are inexpensive and easily available, making them the ideal replacement for those who just want to get back on the road with less effort.
- HELLA incandescent lamps guarantee the best functionality, optimum fit and long-term customer satisfaction.
- Original equipment quality light bulbs you have trusted for more than 100 years from a world leader in automotive lighting technology.
- HELLA recommends that you always replace in pairs to ensure symmetric light beam from both bulbs on the road as head lights will dim over time
HIKARI LED Headlight Bulbs Conversion Kit -H7
Buy HIKARI LED Headlight Bulbs Conversion Kit -H7
Those who want to maximize the brightness of their H7 lamps will want to go a different way than using a standard halogen lamp. This LED conversion kit is one of several that are easy to find on the market, and these are bright.
They are available at 9600 lumens (see full specifications), and their plug-and-play features mean you can upgrade quickly and easily, even if you do not have extensive automotive knowledge. If you want the brightest H7 lamps, these are an absolute winner, though a little on the expensive side.
- TWO YEARS WARRANTY on damaged and defective items
- Experience light more than 6x more intense than standard halogens
- Some vehicles (Kia, Mazda, VW, Mercedes, Saab, and Hyundai) do something unique and not standardized by other vehicles that use H7.
- That is not exactly a contra but you need pay attention to it: If you are not sure what bulb size your vehicle needs, please google “Philips Automotive Bulb Look-up”.
Auxbeam F-S2 Series H7 LED Headlight Bulbs Conversion Kit
Buy Auxbeam F-S2 Series H7 LED Headlight Bulbs Conversion Kit
LED conversion kits do not necessarily have to be super expensive, and this kit is available at a reasonable price if you are willing to forego a little brightness and durability. With a combined luminous efficacy of 8000 lumens, this kit is still a remarkable upgrade over conventional headlights, consuming a reasonable 72W of power.
They are not the brightest kit on the market, but the decisive advantage over a normal light bulb becomes immediately visible once you have installed it.
- throw super bright light evenly at a strict angle without dark spots / foggy light on the road.
- waterproof: IP65, you can use it freely in heavy rain.
- immediate full brightness without start-up relay
- the light is directed high. Not well suited for closing drivers
- the fan protrudes, you would have to remove the cover and release the fan for ventilation
Rigidhorse H7 80W 8000lm 6500K CREE LED Headlight Bulb Conversion Kit
Buy Rigidhorse H7 80W 8000lm 6500K CREE LED Headlight Bulb Conversion Kit
The Rigidhorse is a respectable option, combined with some advanced cooling features and a remarkable 8000 lumens. They have penetrated far into the “daylight” end of the color spectrum and arrive at 6000K (see full specifications), which can avoid some of the problems people have when brighter LEDs are “too white”.
The costs are medium, but it is a fantastic offer for those who are looking for a way to maximize the light in their vehicle.
- with a 360° housing, these headlight lamps fit all vehicle types.
- great cooling system: Aviation grade aluminum heat sink and body help LED headlights achieve cooling performance up to 30%, much more effectively than other headlights, and a long life.
- waterproof protection class IP68 to ensure that your luminaires can be used normally in rainy and foggy weather, permanent luminance
- For some vehicles, such as the 2007+ Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, GMC, BMW, Mercedes Bens, the decoder (CANBUS) must be installed together to avoid flickering or warnings.
BEAMTECH H7 LED Headlight Bulb,Fanless CSP Chips All in One 50W 8000 Lumens 6500K Xenon White Extremely Bright Conversion Kit of 2
Buy BEAMTECH H7 LED Headlight Bulb,Fanless CSP Chips All in One 50W 8000 Lumens 6500K Xenon White Extremely Bright Conversion Kit of 2
BEAMTECH H7 Led headlight bulb is the latest Korean CSP LED chip (double sided), it produces 8000 lumen power, super bright with a power of 4000lm per light it maximal suitable for safe driving at night, 6500K xenon white color, far more than the halogen bulb and HID bulb.
That is a perfect option if you need a bright light for a good price.
- waterproof driver and connector with IP65 protection. It also works in extreme situations.
- aviation aluminum casing gives a better heat dissipation
- no high voltage and large current startup, no circuit interference and electromagnetic radiation, no fan
- do not use them in projector-type headlamps, the full quality of light does not work; use them only in reflector headlamps.
- this LED light bulb can be plug-and-play for most vehicles, but some vehicles will need to replace the retaining ring for H7 or H1 LED light bulbs, as the original retaining ring is not compatible with LED light bulbs
Selection of the best H7 bulb upgrades
It can sometimes be difficult to find the exact upgrade you are looking for. While you can easily exchange your H7 light bulbs for remarkably cheap bulbs, those who are looking for the brightest should really use an LED conversion kit to get the best for their money.
The higher upfront costs can be a little steep, even a cheap conversion kit can cost up to eight times as much as a standard bulb, but the advantages they offer are quite hard. If you are planning to work with a conversion kit, you can expect serious upgrades in the following areas.
In the past, light was measured by the power of the light bulb, but that is not necessarily true when we get into LEDs. They simply provide more light per watt of power than any other type of light bulb on the market.
Most kits, instead of lowering the power requirement to provide the same amount of light to an inferior light bulb, use approximately the same amount of power as their halogen counterparts and provide an amazing amount of lighting.
Lifespan of the best H7 lamps
You are really saving money here. Even the cheapest LED is rated for around 30,000 hours. This makes the initial investment much more sensible as it will outlast any other type of light bulb by a simply enormous amount of time.
The lifetime of most LEDs is quite ridiculous. However, there is one reservation, namely the fact that you need to make sure that there is some kind of cooling element. Heat is the only real enemy of this type of light, so make sure that the kit you use has a heat sink to dissipate the excess heat energy in the relatively narrow box of a spotlight.
Although it may take some time to get used to it, the color temperature of LEDs is usually better than that of halogens when it comes to good vision. Most of these kits will fall into the daylight range, which allows better color perception.
Those that fall into the xenon white color category offer a further advantage: they allow the lines to light up even more clearly on the road.
Although it is far from the simple light of older light bulbs, you will wonder how you got along so well with the use of halogens once your eyes have adapted.
Choose your new lights
There are many variations in lights and kits, and it can be difficult to make a decision immediately. Light bulbs are generally much easier to use because you simply have to find the brightest H7 light bulb if you want to upgrade.
For a conversion kit, ask yourself the following as you look:
Does this fit into my budget?
Is the lumen count sufficient for what I want?
Does this kit have a built-in cooling mechanism?
Is this the right color temperature for me?
As long as you can answer yes to all these questions, you have probably found the perfect kit to make night driving much safer and more comfortable.
Seriously, try an LED conversion kit. It is the cheapest and easiest way to get the best H7 bulb, and you can make a serious difference in your on-the-road experience.