Best motor oil for Acura
Regular maintenance according to the factory recommended maintenance schedule is the best way to keep your Acura in optimal condition.
Motor oil for Acura Best Choice
Top rated motor oil for Acura
Best motor oil for Acura
Best motor oil for Acura
1. Honda Blended Full Synthetic Motor Oil 0W-20
2. Castrol EDGE Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oil 0W-30
3. Genuine Honda Synthetic Blend Oil 5W-20
4. Mag 1 dexos1 Motor Oil SAE 5W-30
5. Genuine Honda Synthetic Blend Oil 5W-30
6. Amsoil Synthetic Motor Oil SAE 5W-30
7. ACDelco Dexos1 Motor Oil SAE 5W-30
8. Valvoline High Mileage SAE 5W-30
9. Shell Rotella Gas Truck Full Synthetic SAE 5W-30
10. Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic Motor Oil SAE 5W-30
11. Royal Purple High Performance Motor Oil SAE 10W-30
Best motor oil for Acura
Engine oil for Acura
Every vehicle has its own maintenance needs, so Acura develops specific maintenance plans based on the model equipment, such as choosing the transmission or adding a towing kit. The maintenance plan calculates the service requirement based on the mileage of your vehicle. It checks engine operating conditions and helps coordinate oil service appointments and other maintenance checks. Prevent problems before they occur.
Best engine oil for Acura
Buy Honda Blended Full Synthetic Motor Oil 0W-20
Honda genuine fluids are exactly the same fluids from the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) with which your vehicle was delivered. When you choose an original OEM fluid, you can rely on the high quality and effectiveness of the product and brand without having to guess whether the product will work with your vehicle in order. Protecting your investment is important and choosing the right fluids can be a challenge. So don’t risk another minute looking for and buying something that might work. Stick to what you know and choose a genuine OEM Honda fluid.
- Specially formulated only for extremely fuel-efficient Honda vehicles
- Provides protection against corrosion and reduces engine wear
- Fights the formation of sludge and other engine deposits
- Excellent motor protection under a variety of operating conditions and temperature extremes
- Facilitates cold starts in extreme weather conditions
Buy Castrol EDGE Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oil 0W-30
Castrol 06244 EDGE A3/B4 0W-30 is another version of Castrol synthetic oil for vehicles with more or less equal benefits. In fact, Castrol oil is one of the leading brands as it is three times stronger than conventional and other synthetic oils.
In terms of performance, this synthetic oil has an advanced premium quality, designed to give strength to your vehicle’s engine and operate under extremely high pressure. It also features Titanium technology, which allows your vehicle’s engine to perform at its best under extreme pressure, ultimately ensuring efficient fuel usage.
In addition, this titanium technology can reduce and restore friction between the components of your vehicle engine by forming a double film and acting as a wear protection to prevent the deposition of contaminants.
Overall, Castrol 06244 EDGE A3/B4 0W-30 delivers the right value for your hard-earned money and justifies the amount you spend. However, it is important to remember that Castrol recommends the use of Bosch oil filters for more efficient fuel use.
- Minimizes the formation of engine deposits to optimize engine response
- Protects the engine during the entire drain interval even at high pressure
- Significantly reduces wear over a range of different travel speeds
- Built-in titanium technology for optimum engine performance
- High-quality full synthetic engine oil of high quality for additional strength under high pressure
Buy Genuine Honda Synthetic Blend Oil 5W-20
For its cars Japanese concerns Honda offers a full range of original spare parts. This includes engine oil – one of the most important supplies necessary for normal engine operation.
In Honda cars, produced in the last 10 years, motors are installed, manufactured with the highest degree of accuracy. Japanese manufacture with minimum gaps requires special oils – low viscosity, resistance to overheating, high-temperature shear, not thickening in the frost. Therefore, the traditional recommendation for Honda cars is to use oils with viscosity SAE 5W-20 and SAE 5W-30, i.e. low and very low. Original Honda/Acura oils have been developed taking into account all the peculiarities of engine design.
Honda/Acura Genuine Synthetic Blend oil with 5W-20 viscosity is designed for Acura and Honda gasoline engines.
- High cleaning characteristics keep the interior of the engine clean
- A reliable protector against ingress and corrosion of moisture on metal parts
- Prevents small dispersed particles of soot and other impurities from settling in the form of sludge, leading them to the filter
- Optimally balanced cold start performance
Buy Mag 1 dexos1 Motor Oil SAE 5W-30
Mag 1 dexos1 engine oil is a state-of-the-art, fully synthetic engine oil that offers the highest level of engine protection even under the toughest operating conditions. Mag 1 dexos1 offers exceptional resistance to thickening by high-temperature oxidation. These additives prevent sludge formation, usually caused by moisture and combustion by-products. Exceptionally high viscosity indicates minimal cold weather oil thickening, which greatly reduces battery drain and engine wear, even at sub-zero starts.
- Formulated to prevent engine wear; even in the most stringent GM tests, Mag 1 dexos1 exceeds the performance limits by 65 percent
- Keeps the pistons cleaner than GF-5, minimizing oil consumption and maintaining power and compression performance.
- Significantly exceeds industry requirements and reduces engine sludge to virtually zero
- Preserves emissions and protects the car’s catalytic system to protect the environment
Buy Genuine Honda Synthetic Blend Oil 5W-30
Honda HG Synthetic Blend 5W-30 is an all-season semi-synthetic engine oil recommended for gasoline engines of Honda and Acura cars, produced for the American, European and Japanese markets.
Motor oil Honda HG Synthetic SN 5W-30 is designed for economical and environmentally friendly engines. Excellent performance at low temperatures.
Use of Honda HG Synthetic SN 5W-30 engine oil gives you the following advantages:
- Excellent starting qualities
- Keeping the engine clean
- Reliable wear protection and high dynamic performance
- Original Equipment manufactured part
- Direct fit
- High quality
Buy Amsoil Synthetic Motor Oil SAE 5W-30
The AMSOIL signature series, in particular, is a class of synthetic oils that you should consider, and with good reason. Independent tests have confirmed how effective it is compared to most other brands on the market.
The synthetic oil of the AMSOIL Signature series is one of the best, if not the best synthetic oil to protect your engine from wear.
We all know that the ability of engine oil to prevent wear on your engine is one of the most important factors you need to consider. From the moment you start your engine, there are more than a dozen moving parts that create friction between them. You need a good engine oil to prevent wear on these components as much as possible, and AMSOIL has the answer.
The anti-wear additives offer a supposed 75% higher engine protection than other leading brands on the market. This corresponds to the excellent fuel economy, longer oil change intervals, and a stable viscosity at extreme temperatures. Surprisingly, they achieve a range of 15,000 to 25,000 miles per application – a figure that puts many other synthetic oil brands in the shade.
In terms of compatibility, you can use the AMSOIL signature series with other synthetic or conventional oils, but for the best results, it is better to drain it first.
AMSOIL became famous in 1972 with the introduction of the first synthetic engine oil that met the strict requirements of the American Petroleum Institute. Since then they have been a leader in this field and have consistently outperformed their competitors. The bottom line is that you need to try this oil, if not for yourself, then for your vehicle.
- Class-leading lubrication capabilities, especially in the prevention of engine wear
- Proven and leading brand in vehicle lubrication
- High mileage
Buy ACDelco Dexos1 Motor Oil SAE 5W-30
ACDelco dexos1 Synthetic Blend Motor Oil is designed to improve engine cleanliness, engine performance, and fuel efficiency and is composed of high-quality synthetic base oils and an exceptional additive technology. ACDelco dexos1 Synthetic Blend Motor Oil is suitable for use in most domestic and foreign vehicles and is General Motors’ factory fill and the required service fill for GM vehicles with gasoline engines from 2011 model year onwards.
Recommended for use in passenger cars and light trucks with gasoline and gasoline turbo engines where API SN and all previous specifications are required.
Formulated with high-quality raw materials and enriched with advanced additive technology, ACDelco motor oils meet the most stringent automotive standards. The resulting engine oils provide superior engine protection and performance for today’s advanced engine designs. Whether in hot climates, the cold season, everyday use or heavy-duty applications, ACDelco engine oils provide optimal engine protection in almost all driving conditions.
- Meets the highest US standards for automotive engine wear protection to provide superior engine support
- Provides protection against high-temperature deposits to reduce engine wear
- Meets dexos1 specifications, resulting in high oxidation resistance, excellent low-temperature flow.
Buy Valvoline High Mileage SAE 5W-30
If your car has more than 75,000 miles, it’s time to step up the fight against engine wear with the world’s first high mileage engine oil. Valvoline High Mileage with MaxLife Technology Synthetic Blend Motor Oil is specially formulated to fight the causes of high mileage engine damage: wear, deposits, sludge, and leaks. This premium synthetic blend motor oil is formulated with Valvoline’s proprietary MaxLife Technology to maximize engine life over 75,000 miles. It provides a thick and durable anti-wear film, protects against mud and deposits, rejuvenates aging engine seals and resists engine oil leaks in extreme conditions.
- Seal conditioners rejuvenate aging engine seals to prevent oil leakage.
- Additional wear protection helps to prevent future engine wear
- Additional detergents keep older engines cleaner by bonding with and removing sludge and debris
- Antioxidants help prevent oil spills by preventing the formation of engine sludge and deposits
Buy Shell Rotella Gas Truck Full Synthetic SAE 5W-30
Shell Rotella is the first major oil brand to introduce a complete portfolio of full synthetic engine oils for gasoline-powered trucks and SUVs as well as for diesel engines. Shell Rotella is the number one high-performance diesel engine oil in North America with a strong tradition of protecting hard-working engines.
Shell Rotella Gas Truck engine oil is for gas-powered pickup trucks and SUV owners who want engine oil that offers the key benefits, including protection from the extreme stresses their engines are exposed to. Shell Rotella Gas Truck protects and extends the life of engines for all truck and SUV engines, both old and new.
Many pickup and SUV drivers, especially those with 4×4 vehicles, use their trucks for hard work. The oil is recommended for drivers who need to tow a load of mulch, help a friend move, for off-road driving or pulling a boat or trailer, and even for stop-and-go traffic. All these activities require additional engine protection.
- Provides excellent protection for new and high mileage gas truck and SUV engines
- Outperforms conventional engine oil under difficult driving conditions, including stop-and-go driving, extreme temperatures and towing
- Offers extreme protection during towing and hauling
- Protects your truck engine in extreme temperatures and conditions
- Helps prevent sludge and other harmful deposits
Buy Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic Motor Oil SAE 5W-30
Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic Motor Oil was developed using the company’s PurePlus Gas-to-Liquid technology, a patented process that converts pure natural gas into high-quality, full synthetic base oil. Pennzoil claims that its base oil is 99.5% pure, which means it contains fewer impurities than base oils made from crude oil. Combined with a high-performance additive system, the use of this oil could deliver up to 550 miles more fuel economy per year compared to a dirty engine.
It is also ideal for modern turbocharged engines as it provides protection against the effects of low-speed pre-ignition (LSPI). Pennzoil also says its synthetic oil flows faster in extremely cold temperatures, which means your engine parts will be lubricated quickly during a cold start. In extremely hot temperatures, this oil has a lower tendency to evaporate.
Pennzoil synthetic oil also keeps pistons up to 50% cleaner than required by Sequence IIIH, one of the most stringent industry standards.
- Improves fuel consumption
- Helps to protect motors from loss of power
- High performance at extreme temperatures
- Provides wear protection against friction and oxidation stability
Buy Royal Purple High Performance Motor Oil SAE 10W-30
Royal Purple Motor Oil combines high-quality base oils with proprietary additive technologies to produce high-performance motor oils that optimize engine performance and provide outstanding protection. No special processes are required when upgrading to Royal Purple. Royal Purple motor oil is fully compatible with mineral or other synthetic oils. Royal Purple recommends waiting until the manufacturer’s first scheduled oil change on new petrol engines before upgrading to Royal Purple. Royal Purple’s API-licensed engine oil provides excellent protection and improves performance in petrol and diesel engines. Royal Purple’s API SN-licensed engine oil meets the performance requirements of ILSAC GF-5 and Dexos1.
- Better wear protection
- Increased fuel efficiency
- Better protection of the expensive catalytic emission system
- Improved compatibility with fuels containing ethanol
- Superior corrosion protection
Best engine oil for Acura
Current models from Acura
- MDX midrange (crossover SUV) since 2000
- RDX compact (crossover SUV) from 2006
- 2013-today ILX (Sub-compact executive car)
- 2013-today RLX (mid-range luxury executive sedan, replaces the RL)
- 2014-today TLX (Compact executive sedan, replaces TL and TSX)
- 2017-today NSX (Exotic sports car, the successor of the first-generation NSX)
- 2017-today CDX sub-compact car (luxury SUV)
What motor oil can I use for my 2009 Acura TL
Acura TL 3.5L 2009, SAE 0W-20 Full Synthetic Motor Oil
What motor oil can I use for my 2006 Acura TSX
Acura TSX 2006, SAE 5W-30 Full Synthetic Motor Oil
What motor oil can I use for my 2003 Acura MDX
Acura MDX 2003, SAE 5W-20 Synthetic Motor Oil
What motor oil can I use for my 2005 Acura TL
- Castrol GTX 5W-20 High Mileage Motor Oil
- Mobil Super Full Synthetic Motor Oil, 5W20
What motor oil can I use for my 2013 Acura TL
Every new Honda and Acura vehicle currently sold recommends using 0W-20 oil, with the exception of the SH-AWD version of the Acura TL 2013, which recommends 5W-20.
What motor oil can I use for my 2013 Acura TL
SAE 5W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil
Q: How does the Acura Maintenance Minder work?
A: The Maintenance Minder system displays the life of the engine oil on the information display to inform the owner when it is time to replace the engine oil and perform regular engine maintenance. There is no longer a maintenance schedule in the user manual. The system displays the engine oil life in percent, which decreases over time as the vehicle increases mileage. It starts at 100% with fresh engine oil and decreases to 0%, which means that the oil life is over.
Q: How does the Acura Maintenance Minder know when the 0% trigger occurs?
A: The system counts down oil life based on engine operating conditions (both normal and severe). The trip computer continuously monitors engine operating conditions such as speed, engine temperature, ambient temperature, and time and vehicle usage to determine when an oil change and periodic maintenance is required.
Q: The oil change station recommends that I change the oil every 3,000 miles. Why should I not believe them?
A: The 3,000-mile oil change is a very conservative approach to maintaining your vehicle, dating back to 1968. Since then, there have been major advances in both oil technology and engine design. These advances, together with the Acura Maintenance Minder, allow you to extend service intervals without the risk of damaging your engine.
Types of Acura oil changes
- Conventional engine oil
All engine oils are designed to lubricate the engine and operate at optimum temperature. The main difference between conventional and full synthetic engine oil is the degree of refinement. Conventional oil is considered to be the basic refinement level with additives that help it to last several thousand kilometers before it needs to be changed. The result is that conventional oil is available at a lower price than full synthetic alternatives. Conventional oil works for many vehicles, but some drivers prefer this additional benefit when choosing full synthetic engine oil.
- Full synthetic engine oil
Full synthetic oil is characterized by the highest degree of refinement, the highest resistance to thermal breakdown and the longest life of all oil variants. With the increasing refinement of the engine oil, the cost of the oil increases. The higher cost of full synthetic oil is negligible for many drivers, as it offers the advantages of longer peak lubrication of the engine. Another preferred advantage of full synthetic oil is that it protects the engines in older vehicles with high mileage and allows the longest possible service life. The performance advantage of full synthetic oil is that it resists thermal breakdown longer than conventional oil.
HOW DO I KNOW THAT I NEED AN ENGINE OIL AND FILTER CHANGE SERVICE?
- Change engine oil soon reminder is on
- Check that the engine light comes on
- The exhaust smoke is darker than usual
- Engine makes more noise, e.g. a knocking sound
- Oil is dark, black or gritty to touch
How often does Acura MDX 2020 need an oil change?
An oil change is one of the most abrupt and important services for your car. Acura recommends changing the oil and filter of your 2020 Acura MDX every 3,000 to 5,000 miles, but it’s best to read the owner’s manual and check with your dealer to determine which intervals work best for your vehicle.
WHICH OIL SHOULD YOU USE FOR YOUR ACURA?
Most Acura models, such as the TLX or ILX, do not recommend particular engine oil as long as you use the correct weight class. This means that choosing engine oil for your Acura car, crossover or SUV depends on your preference as an owner. The most important thing when choosing engine oil for your Acura model is that you choose an oil with the right weight class. For example, the 2017 Acura ILX manual recommends genuine Acura OW-20 grade oil with API certification. As long as you choose engine oil with the right weight grade, you can use your preference to choose conventional or full synthetic engine oil with this weight.
What type of oil does an Acura MDX 2020 use? | What type of oil does an Acura MDX 2020 need? | Types of engine oil
These factors are usually based on the information provided by the vehicle manufacturer and can even be found in the operating manual of your vehicle. Do you have a diesel engine, a high-performance engine or an imaginative 4-cylinder? A few different factors, such as the climate in which you live, your driving habits or even the age of your engine, also influence the type of engine oil your engine needs. What type of oil change does my Acura MDX 2020 need? Determining the best engine oil for your vehicle, whether it is a full synthetic oil change, synthetic blend change, high mileage oil change, conventional oil change or even diesel oil change, depends on a few factors. The essential factor is the type of engine.
So should I use synthetic oil?
Some high quality, high-performance cars come factory-filled with synthetic oil, and it would be wise to continue to do so to optimize performance and protect this valuable engine. If you live in a region where it gets extremely cold in winter, you are better off with full synthetic oil because of its superior cold-start performance. The same goes for very hot weather – when it gets hot in the summer months, synthetic oil will help keep your car’s engine running smoothly.
Remember that synthetic engine oil costs more money upfront, but can also save money over time by protecting your engine longer.