1. Genuine Honda Fluid 08798-9036 0W-20 Full Synthetic Blend Motor Oil
2. Idemitsu Full Synthetic 0W-20 Engine Oil SN/GF-5
3. Genuine Honda 08798-9034 Synthetic Blend Oil 5W-30
4. Idemitsu 30010091-95300C020 Full Synthetic 5W-20 Engine Oil
5. Castrol 06240 EDGE Extended Performance 0W-20 Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oil
6. Idemitsu 30010099-95300C020 Full Synthetic 5W-30 Engine Oil
7. Castrol 03086 EDGE Extended Performance 5W-20 Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oil
8. Red Line 15205 5W20 Motor Oil
9. Honda Blended Full Synthetic Motor Oil 0W-20
10. Pennzoil Ultra Platinum Full Synthetic Motor Oil 5W-20
11. Royal Purple High Performance Synthetic Motor Oil 5W-20
12. Valvoline Modern Engine Synthetic Motor Oil 5W-20
13. Mobil 1 Extended Performance Motor Oil 5W-20
14. Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic Motor Oil 10W-30
15. Castrol 03093 GTX 10W-30 Motor Oil
16. Valvoline High Mileage with MaxLife Technology SAE 10W-30 Synthetic Blend Motor Oil
Best engine oil for Honda Fit
Top rated oil for Honda Fit
Best synthetic oil for Honda Fit
Best semi synthetic oil for Honda Fit
Honda Fit motor oil recommendations
ILSAC GF-5 oils are formulated to improve fuel efficiency and provide improved performance across a wide range of areas including high temperature deposit protection for pistons, improved protection against the formation of engine sludge Honda Fit.
Best motor oils meets the most advanced GF-5 standard, set by the International Lubricants Standardization and Approval Committee (ILSAC) enable to exceed the requirements of such car manufacturers as Honda.
Buy Genuine Honda Fluid 08798-9036 0W-20 Full Synthetic Blend Motor Oil
Honda Genuine Fluids are the exact original equipment manufacturer (OEM) fluids your vehicle is equipped with. When you choose a genuine OEM fluid, you can rely on the high quality and effectiveness of the product and brand without guessing whether the product will work in sequence with your vehicle. Protecting your investment is important and choosing the right fluids can be challenging. So do not risk another minute looking for and buying something that could work. Stick to what you know and choose an original Honda OEM fluid.
Synthetic Blend 0W-20 1L 08798 engine oil from Honda is intended for use in Honda and Acura cars with gasoline engines. The oil has a high temperature resistance, thus providing high quality engine operation at low and high temperatures. Honda Synthetic Blend belongs to the new categories SN and GF-5. The properties of the oil are optimized to make the use of fuel more economical. The impact on the atmosphere will also be reduced. At low temperatures, starting the engine will be easy. Honda Synthetic Blend’s semi-synthetic oil is specialized for both winter and summer season applications. The oil possesses excellent characteristics at low temperature.
- Specially developed for Honda ultra-fuel efficient vehicles.
- Provides corrosion protection and reduces engine wear.
- Fights the formation of sludge and other engine deposits.
- Excellent motor protection under a wide range of operating conditions and temperature extremes
- Facilitates cold start in extreme weather conditions
- You only get 946 ml of oil
Buy Idemitsu Full Synthetic 0W-20 Engine Oil SN/GF-5
Idemitsu fully synthetic engine oil is reliable and offers exceptional protection. This oil improves engine performance. Helps extend engine life by minimizing wear and keeping the engine free of harmful deposits, delivering extended drain intervals, and protecting emission control systems.
The synthetic base oil and friction-reducing technology help the engine run smoothly. This keeps the engine intact and delivers great power. Maximizes torque and horsepower.
When engine oil is cheap, it allows deposits to build up and wear out when the weather changes. However, this 0W-20 engine oil from Idemitsu is different.
The viscosity does not change even under worse conditions. Instead, it ensures proper lubrication and engine cleaning.
The high technical quality of this oil makes it an excellent choice. It provides a tight seal and allows complete fuel combustion.
This results in less soot adhering to the pistons and other components. This top-class 0W-20 synthetic oil in turn helps to reduce overall emissions.
- Perfect engine cleaning
- Minimizes emissions
- Frictionless additives
- Compatibility with wide engines
- Delivers the highest level of fuel economy
- Only available for petrol engines
- You will only receive 946 mL oil.
Buy Genuine Honda 08798-9034 Synthetic Blend Oil 5W-30
Honda HG Synthetic Blend 5W-30 is a multigrade semi-synthetic engine oil recommended for gasoline engines of Honda and Acura cars produced for the American, European and Japanese markets.
Honda HG Synthetic SN 5W-30 engine oil is designed for economical and environmentally friendly engines. Excellent performance at low temperatures.
Using Honda HG Synthetic SN 5W-30 engine oil gives you the following advantages:
- Excellent starting characteristics
- Keeping the motor clean
- Reliable wear protection and high dynamic performance
Buy Idemitsu 30010091-95300C020 Full Synthetic 5W-20 Engine Oil
Idemitsu Kosan Co. was founded in 1911 in Moji, Kita-Kyushu. It produces fuel products and basic chemicals, lubricants, engineering plastics, performance chemicals, organic light emitting diode (OLED) materials. Idemitsu develops clean and energy efficient products.
Its high-quality friction modifying additive technologies and synthetic base oils save fuel. It protects the engine from wear and tear and minimizes the formation of deposits under any conditions. This means less oil is burnt and emissions are avoided. Reviewing your car’s owner’s manual is essential when selecting the oil that best suits your car.
With Idemitsu 30010091-530 C020 fully synthetic 5W-20 engine oil, the engine achieves the highest levels of power, torque and efficiency. This eliminates the number of waste oils.
This extends the life of the engine and reduces fuel consumption.
- Motor protection against wear and tear
- Elimination of emissions
- Maximum fuel consumption
- High level of performance
- It works best with gasoline engines.
Buy Castrol 06240 EDGE Extended Performance 0W-20 Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oil
Castrol EDGE Extended Performance is Castrol’s most advanced fully synthetic engine oil. It offers the ultimate performance for an extended runoff of 20,000 miles or an entire year. Castrol EDGE Extended Performance with Fluid TITANIUM technology is the first choice for drivers of passenger cars, light commercial vehicles, and SUVs who demand outstanding performance and protection over a full year or 20,000 miles. Create an exhilarating performance with any drive.
Engine oils must be able to react consistently to changing environments in your engine. At every moment of the journey, your engine oil must be able to respond to the needs of the different metal-to-metal contact points in your engine with different requirements, pressures, and temperatures. Castrol EDGE Extended Performance – Castrol’s premium fully synthetic oil is uniquely engineered with fluid titanium technology to provide unsurpassed protection for critical engine parts and ensure optimum performance – with the strength to enable an extended drain interval of up to 20,000 miles. Longer service is not recommended for heavy service applications such as racing, frequent towing or towing, commercial use, extremely dirt/dusty conditions, or excessive idling.
Engine oil is made from crude oil and is used to lubricate clean and cool engines. Engine oil types include conventional, synthetic, diesel, bio-based, hybrid (blends of conventional and synthetic), and recycled oils. Engine oil varies in weight and viscosity as well as in additives that some manufacturers add to the oil during the refining process. A numerical code system developed by the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) sorts engine oils by viscosity – the higher the number between 0 and 60, the more viscous (thicker) the oil is. Most consumer engine oils are rated with two numbers, with the first number indicating cold weather performance (winter or “W”).
This oil has a weight of SAE 0W-20, i.e. it has an SAE viscosity of 0 at cold temperatures and a viscosity of 20 at normal operating temperature. Always read your vehicle’s owner’s manual to make sure it is the correct weight of engine oil for your vehicle.
Fully synthetic oil
This oil is fully synthetic oil, i.e. crude oil is not used in its production. Synthetic oil can be used in vehicle engines instead of engine oils refined from crude oil and often offers better mechanical performance than conventional engine oil, including higher gas mileage and less engine wear at extreme temperatures. Due to its complex production process, it can often cost more than conventional engine oil.
- 20,000 miles between dewatering intervals guaranteed.
- Recommended for heavy-duty applications such as towing, high performance driving, frequent short trips or idling, dusty, humid or extreme temperature conditions.
- Developed with fluid-titanium technology to provide maximum strength under pressure.
- Reduces metal-to-metal contact across a range of travel speeds.
- Reduces the formation of engine deposits to maximize engine response.
- The best advanced fully synthetic products you can buy.
Buy Idemitsu 30010099-95300C020 Full Synthetic 5W-30 Engine Oil
The container contains 5 quarts. In addition to 5w-20, it provides the engine with amazing protection against wear. The high piston cleanliness reduces green gas emissions. This protects the emission control systems and eliminates fuel consumption. It minimizes the formation of deposits, even under complicated conditions.
It contains turbos and is designed for powerful engines. With the specific technology, the engine serves long time.
It offers maximum durability and performance.
- Eliminated gas emissions
- Reduced fuel consumption
- Durable engine service
- Long service life
- It is pretty expensive.
Buy Castrol 03086 EDGE Extended Performance 5W-20 Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oil
Castrol EDGE Extended Performance with Titanium FST offers the latest Castrol technology. Engine oils must be able to constantly respond to the ever-changing environments in your engine. Every second of the drive your engine oil must be able to respond to the needs of different metal-to-metal contact points in your engine with different requirements, pressures and temperatures. Castrol EDGE Extended Performance with Titanium FST provides unsurpassed protection for critical engine parts and ensures optimum performance – with the strength to enable an extended drain interval of up to 15,000 miles.
Castrol 03086 Extended Performance Advanced 5W-20 Fully Synthetic Engine Oil is exactly what your engine needs to work consistently in changing environments. It comes from the huge, hugely popular global company Castrol, one of the most dominant producers of synthetic oil.
In fact, they produce some of the best synthetic engine oils, making their oils a safe choice for car owners. The Castrol 03086 EDGE is one of them, and exactly what your car and engine need to run perfectly.
Reduces motor deposits
With its reduced viscosity, the oil helps to reduce the formation of engine deposits, which in turn helps to maximize fuel consumption and engine response. All these properties make this 5w-20 engine oil one of the most advanced fully synthetic oils you can buy. For best results, Castrol recommends using the oil with Bosch oil filters.
- 20,000 miles between drain intervals guaranteed
- Recommended for severe applications such as towing and hauling, high performance driving, frequent short trips or idling, dusty, humid or extreme temperature environment
- Engineered with fluid titanium technology that offers maximum strength under pressure
- Reduces metal-to-metal contact across a range of different driving speeds
- Decreases engine deposit formation to help maximize engine response
- Best advanced full synthetic money can buy
- Complaints about reduced fuel consumption
Buy Red Line 15205 5W20 Motor Oil
Fully synthetic ester-based formula for cars, SUVs, sports cars and boats. Excellent wear resistance and significant reduction of friction in a wide working range. Good detergent properties allow longer service intervals improved fuel economy and piston ring operation to increase power. Excellent high-temperature stability and resistance to oxidation improve lubrication of hot metal parts compared to other synthetic oils. A high viscosity index provides a thicker oil film in the bearings and gears. Reduced oil consumption by improving piston ring efficiency all products are fully compatible with conventional and synthetic engine oils.
- Fully synthetic ester formula for passenger cars, light commercial vehicles, high-performance vehicles and marine applications.
- Designed for maximum protection, efficiency, cleanliness and excellent drain intervals.
- Excellent wear protection and friction reduction over a wide operating range.
- The high cleaning power enables longer drain intervals and ensures increased cleanliness.
- Improved fuel economy and ring seal for better performance
- Superior high temperature resistance and oxidation resistance increase the lubrication of pig iron compared to other plastics.
- The high natural viscosity index (VI) provides a thicker oil film in bearings and camshafts.
- Less evaporation than other plastics for improved efficiency and ring sealing
- Mixed with polyester base materials that have natural multi-grade properties and avoid unnecessary additives that impair lubricity.
- All products are fully compatible with other conventional and synthetic engine oils.
- Difficult to find in the stores
Buy Honda Blended Full Synthetic Motor Oil 0W-20
Honda Genuine Ultimate Full Synthetic Motor Oils are premium quality, full-synthetic engine oils designed to provide maximum engine protection for Honda and Acura vehicles under all operating conditions. They surpass Honda and Acura requirements to further minimize harmful engine deposits and maximize fuel economy. Honda motor oils are tested and approved by Honda R&D. Honda Genuine Ultimate Full Synthetic Motor Oil is formulated with synthetic base stocks that provide enhanced performance benefits compared with conventional engine oils. These benefits include improved protection against viscosity breakdown and deposit formation at high temperatures; lower volatility for reduced oil consumption; and faster oil circulation at low temperatures for easier starting and better protection during cold starts. Honda Genuine Ultimate Full Synthetic Motor Oil exceeds API SN and ILSAC GF-5 performance requirements for gasoline engines. It is â€œResource Conservingâ€ for improved fuel economy and protection of emissions system catalysts.
- Specially developed for Honda and Acura vehicles
- Full-synthetic formulation for enhanced performance benefits compared with conventional engine oils
- Outstanding resistance to viscosity and thermal breakdown at high temperatures
- Outstanding low-temperature pumpability for protection during cold starts
- Protects against sludge and varnish formation
- Helps to reduce wear for longer engine protection
- Low volatility for reduced oil consumption
- Exceeds new car warranty requirements as defined by ILSAC GF-5
- Resource Conserving for improved fuel economy and emissions system
- Tested and approved by Honda R&D
Buy Pennzoil Ultra Platinum Full Synthetic Motor Oil 5W-20
Pennzoil Ultra Platinum Full Synthetic motor oil is made from natural gas, not crude. It is one of the best full synthetic motor oils in our portfolio. Made for extreme performance, Pennzoil Ultra Platinum outperforms conventional oils in terms of low temperature performance and volatility control. Our full synthetic motor oils are uniquely engineered from our revolutionary PurePlus Technology which is a patented process that converts pure natural gas into a high quality, full synthetic base oil. Because it is made from natural gas, the high- quality base oil is 99.5% pure contains fewer impurities than base oils made from crude oil, and when combined with our advanced additive technology creates one of the best formulations in our Pennzoil portfolio. Pennzoil Ultra Platinum far exceeds the most stringent car manufacturer requirements for cleanliness and protection (based on ILSAC GF-5, dexos1 and Ferrari approvals), and is suitable for all car, SUV, light van, truck gasoline and turbocharged engines; under all driving conditions.
- CLEANEST PISTONS. Keeps pistons up to 65% cleaner than required by the toughest industry standard. Keeps your engine cleaner than any leading synthetic oil
- BETTER FUEL ECONOMY. Drive on average an extra 550 miles vs. a dirty engine
- PROTECTS HORSEPOWER. Helps protect engines from loss of power
- UNSURPASSED WEAR PROTECTION. No other leading motor oil provides better protection from
- EXCELLENT PERFORMANCE IN EXTREME TEMPERATURES. Provides faster low temperature oil flow and protects in extreme heat.
Buy Royal Purple High Performance Synthetic Motor Oil 5W-20
Royal Purple Motor Oil Combines premium base oils with proprietary additive technologies to create high performance motor oils that optimize engine performance and provide superior protection. No special procedures are necessary when upgrading to Royal Purple. Royal Purple motor oil is fully compatible with mineral or other synthetic oils. Royal Purple recommends waiting until the manufacturer?s first scheduled oil change in new gasoline engines before upgrading to Royal Purple. Royal Purple?s API licensed motor oil delivers superior protection and improves performance in gasoline and diesel engines. Royal Purple?s API SN licensed motor oil meets ILSAC GF-5 and Dexos1 1 performance requirements.
- Better wear protection
- Increased fuel efficiency
- Better protection of the expensive catalytic emission system
- Improved compatibility with fuels containing ethanol
- Superior corrosion protection
Buy Valvoline Modern Engine Synthetic Motor Oil 5W-20
Engines in vehicles 2012 and newer are built smaller and more efficient than ever. As a result, they run hotter and are prone to fuel and oil related carbon build-up. These issues could lead to power and fuel economy loss and ultimately engine breakdown. Valvoline Modern Engine Full Synthetic Motor Oil is formulated to fight carbon build-up in GDI (Gas Direct Injection), Turbo and other newer engines. Developed with innovative motor oil technology Valvoline Modern Engine exceeds industry standards for protecting todayâ€™s engines from carbon build-up, wear, sludge, extreme temperatures and more.
- Valvolineâ€™s best formula to specifically fight carbon build-up in GDI, Turbo and other newer engines
- Exceeds industry standards for protection against carbon build-up, wear, sludge and extreme temperatures
- Exceptional protection against oil oxidation and viscosity breakdown that helps extend engine life
- Outstanding protection against knocking and catastrophic engine failure caused by low-speed pre-ignition (LSPI)
Buy Mobil 1 Extended Performance Motor Oil 5W-20
Mobil 1 Extended Performance is an advanced full synthetic motor oil that keeps your engine running like new and provides protection for up to 15,000 miles between oil changes â€“ guaranteed.
Suitable for cars, vans and light trucks, these high performance motor oils are uniquely designed to help provide outstanding levels of performance, cleaning power and engine protection, even during extended oil change intervals.
Mobil 1 Extended Performance formula combines a proprietary blend of high performance synthetic base stocks with a precisely balanced additive component system to deliver unsurpassed wear protection.
- Advanced full synthetic formula
- Precise balance of performance additives
- Outstanding thermal and oxidation stability
- Exceptional engine protection
- Excellent low-temperature capabilities
Best semi synthetic oil for Honda Fit
Buy Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic Motor Oil 10W-30
Pennzoil Platinum fully synthetic SAE 10W-30 engine oil is made from natural gas and not crude oil. It was developed specifically from our revolutionary PurePlus Gas-to-Liquid technology, a patented process that converts pure natural gas into a high-quality, fully synthetic base oil. Our high quality base oil is 99.5% pure, contains less impurities than crude base oils and, in combination with our advanced additive technology, forms one of the best formulations in our Pennzoil portfolio. Modern engine technologies have evolved over the years and today’s engine parts have reached an unprecedented level of fine manufacturing tolerances that require a high quality engine oil to provide complete engine protection. This includes protection against abnormal combustion phenomena such as slow pre-ignition observed in modern turbocharged gasoline direct injection (TGDI) engines. Pennzoil Full Synthetic products are designed for modern engines and offer the following advantages without compromise: – Better fuel economy – With Pennzoil Platinum fully synthetic engine oil, you can drive 550 miles more on average than with a dirty engine – Protects horsepower – Pennzoil Platinum fully synthetic engine oil helps protect against power loss by helping, Protecting your engine from wear and deposits – Unsurpassed wear protection – When it comes to protecting the inner parts of your engine from metal-to-metal contact, no other leading synthetic engine oil offers better wear protection than Pennzoil Platinum fully synthetic engine oil – Excellent temperature performance.
- Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic is the first engine oil made from natural gas, not crude oil.
- Protects against the effects of low speed pre-ignition (LSPI) in modern turbocharged engines.
- Provides better fuel economy that helps you drive an extra 550 miles per year compared to a dirty engine.
- Provides unsurpassed wear protection by preventing engine parts from coming into contact.
- Provides excellent piston cleanliness and keeps pistons up to 50% cleaner than required by the most stringent industry standards – based on the results of Sequence IIIH engine testing.
Buy Castrol 03093 GTX 10W-30 Motor Oil
Castrol GTX is one of the world’s most trusted engine oils. It is more than just oil. It is the fluid technology that protects against the problems your engine faces every day. Tough driving conditions can lead to the formation of a thick, tar-like substance called mud. Mud can block your engines vital oil channels like cholesterol and if left untreated, it can deprive an engine of energy, and eventually, its life. Castrol GTX Double Action Formula cleans old mud and protects against new mud formation better than hard industry standards. Castrol GTX extends the life of your engine. For testing in engines with high deposits.
- Excellent protection against engine sludge Measured in sequence test VG Sludge test
- Extended protection against viscosity and thermal degradation
- High-quality base oils and wear protection additives to extend the service life of your engine.
- Helps minimize oil consumption
Buy Valvoline High Mileage with MaxLife Technology SAE 10W-30 Synthetic Blend Motor Oil
Valvoline MaxLife 10W-30 synthetic engine oil is specially designed to extend the life of high mileage engines. The synthetic mixing formula contains special additives specifically designed to solve the problems of older engines. It is a mixture of manufactured and high-quality conventional raw materials with sealing and cleaning agents, fiction modifiers and wear protection additives. They offer performance advantages for engines with high mileage, new builds and conversions. Switch to MaxLife Valvoline engine oil to give your high mileage car or truck the extra protection it needs to run for long periods of time. The MaxLife formula is designed to combat the four major causes of engine leaks, deposits, mud and friction. The five-quarter version of the synthetic mixed engine oil means fewer bottles overfill your garage. It is generally the right size for an oil change for most standard vehicles. Rely on Valvoline MaxLife 10W-30 Synthetic Engine Oil to take care of your valuable ride.
Valvoline MaxLife High Mileage 10W30 Engine Oil 5 Quart:
- Designed for engines with high mileage
- Special seal conditioners regenerate the seals in the engine block to prevent oil leaks that lead to sludge and deposits.
- Antioxidant additives reduce oil viscosity degradation to prevent engine sludge from clogging and deposits from forming.
- Detergents chemically combine with and remove existing sludge and deposits.
- Additional friction-reducing additives help to reduce wear in the engine.
- Wear protection agents help to prevent engine damage.
- Synthetic mixture engine oil 5 qt. is intended for use in cars and trucks.
- Seal conditioners regenerate aging engine seals to help stop and prevent oil leaks.
- Additional wear protection prevents future engine wear
- Additional cleaning agents keep older engines clean by binding and removing sludge and deposits.
- Antioxidants help prevent oil damage and prevent engine sludge clogging and deposits from forming.
- For any product application or technical questions about the product, call 1-800-TEAM-VAL.
Engine oil for Honda Fit
Genuine Honda Engine Oil – High quality 0W-20 detergent oil with API certification seal on the container.
Oil contributes significantly to the performance and longevity of your engine. If you drive the vehicle with insufficient or deteriorated oil, the engine may fail or be damaged. Synthetic motor oil price
This seal indicates that the oil is energy efficient and meets the latest requirements of the American Petroleum Institute.
Use a genuine Honda engine oil or other commercially available engine oil with a viscosity suitable for the ambient temperature, as shown. When you have a Honda Pilot, so read our new review about Best oil for Honda Pilot.
You can also use synthetic engine oil if it is marked with the API certification seal and has the specified viscosity class.
Engine Oil Additives
Your vehicle does not require any oil additives. In fact, they can adversely affect engine performance and service life.
Honda Fit engine oil type
As for engine oil, we carry the 0w-20 product developed by Honda. This is the cheapest insurance you can buy for your vehicle! From 2011 onwards, most new Honda vehicles will come ex works with Honda’s synthetic oil 0w-20.
Engine oil grades for Honda Fit
Nothing can do more to ensure optimum performance and extend the life of your Honda than using the original oils and fluids developed specifically for your Honda. When choosing one of Honda’s genuine oils or fluids, you can rely on the high quality standard. Why do you risk potential damage, loss of performance or costly repairs by using the wrong oil? Protect your investment and always insist on the use of genuine Honda oils and fluids when providing your vehicle for service.
Honda Fit engine oil price
The Honda Fit oil change costs on average 99 US dollars.
SHOULD YOU USE SYNTHETIC OIL, 0W-20?
WHAT IS THE DEAL ANYWAY?
To illustrate the extent of this change, you understand that if only a third of US drivers reduced their gasoline consumption by 2%, we would save nearly a billion gallons of gasoline and reduce carbon dioxide emissions by eight million tons per year. This is equivalent to removing about 1.5 million cars from the road.
In fact, the quality of the oil modified in your vehicle can significantly affect the life of your engine. It can literally be the difference between your car making 250K miles and 500K miles. If you are not planning to sell your car tomorrow, consider these additional examples:
At sub-zero temperatures like 0F, the quality of the oil can be the difference between circling the engine in 10 seconds or 3 minutes. Most people are already on the highway 3 minutes after starting their car.
Best oil change for honda fit
The worse the quality of the engine oil, the greater the tendency for it to thicken over time (e.g. picture pasta sauce, which thickens when warmed up several times)! Low-value 5w-20 oil could actually turn into 5w-40 when you change it.
Engine cleanliness is significantly influenced by the quality of the engine oil. The highest quality oils are so clean that their detergents can actually clean deposits that have been created by maintenance work in the past, such as the gnawing stain on your favorite shirt that you never thought you would remove!
Honda Genuine Oil Comparisons
Below is a comparison of a cross-section between two engines, one using an original Honda oil and one using an aftermarket brand. The visual result after only 5,000 km is already remarkable.
Honda Genuine Oil
The engine tested with Honda real oil remains without discoloration and with its original consistency.
The engine tested with an aftermarket brand has discolored and the consistency has visibly changed.
Honda Fit (Jazz) Engine Oil Change Guide
This “How-to” automotive industry guide was written specifically for second-generation (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014) owners of Honda Fit or Honda Jazz vehicles equipped with the 1.5-liter four-cylinder in-line L15A7 engine.
Owners of other related Honda vehicles with the L15A7 engine such as City, Aria, Airwave, Partner, Mobilio and Freed can also find this guide useful. This oil change procedure may be similar for these vehicles, which are equipped with L12A (1.2L) and L13A (1.3L) engines instead.
Best oil filter for honda fit
To complete this oil change, you will need the following parts: 4 liters of new SAE 0W-20 oil, a new oil filter, a 17 mm socket wrench, a container for the sump, a vehicle hopper, a floor jack and jack stand.
Some of the oil filters compatible with the L15A7 engine in the Honda Fit include the following Mobil1 M1-110, Frame PH7317, Bosch 3323, Purolator L14610, K&N HP-1010 and Purolator PureONE PL14610.
The first step is to switch on the engine and let it warm up for a few minutes.
This will help to suspend all impurities in the engine within the old engine oil and allow it to drain more quickly.
Then switch off the engine and remove the oil filler cap at the rear left of the engine compartment.
Then use a jack to lift the passenger side of the vehicle and secure it with at least two jack stands.
Collect a 17 mm ratchet socket wrench, your waste oil collection basin and an oil filter wrench if you have one.
Slide the vehicle under the passenger wheel to locate the oil drain plug and oil filter.
The oil drain plug is located on the rear of the oil pan facing the rear of the vehicle.
The oil filter is located at the other end of the oil pan facing the front bumper of the vehicle.
Slide your waste oil collector just under the oil drain plug and carefully remove it by turning it anticlockwise with the 17mm socket wrench.
The old oil can be hot and it contains carcinogens, so try not to get it on your skin.
Drain the old oil from the engine for at least a few minutes, then reinsert the drain plug and tighten to a torque of 29 lb ft or immediately after tightening.
Next, tighten the old oil filter and turn it counterclockwise until it can be removed from the engine.
If you have difficulty turning by hand, use an oil filter wrench such as the Lisle 63600.
I recommend purchasing the Mobil1 M1-110 oil filter as it has excellent ratings from Amazon.
Immerse one of your fingers in the new engine oil and run it along the rubber O-ring of the new oil filter.
By lubricating the O-ring of the new oil filter, it can form a better seal to prevent leaks and at the same time be easier to remove at the next oil change.
Turn the new oil filter clockwise until just outside the front door.
Do not use an oil filter wrench to tighten the filter, otherwise it may be damaged and leak.
Tighten the oil filter by hand until just after the hand.
Check again that the oil filter and drain plug are tight before lowering the vehicle from the jack stand and floor pan.
Enter the engine compartment and insert the car funnel into the oil filler cap.
Best engine oil for honda fit hybrid
The L15A7 1.5L engine requires 3.8 US Quarts (3.6 liters) new SAE 0W-20 oil for an oil change with a new oil filter.
First, fill about 3 to 3.5 liters of new oil.
Then let the engine run for a few minutes, switch it off and let it rest for a few minutes before checking the level at the orange oil dipstick.
It is much better to have a little less oil than is required in an engine than too much oil.
Too much oil in an engine can put pressure on seals or gaskets and cause leakage or damage.
Slowly add more oil until the oil level on the dipstick fills the upper hole on the dipstick and indicates that it has reached the “MAX” or “FULL” level.
You may need to top up a little oil and check the dipstick several times to adjust the level accurately.
Once you are sure that the oil level is correct, reinsert the dipstick and reinsert the oil filler cap by turning it clockwise until just after your hand.
I would recommend checking the oil level on the dipstick at least a few times next week and checking your driveway or garage for oil drops that may indicate a leak in the oil drain plug or oil filter.
Make sure that you have entered the mileage of the vehicle in your service logbook.
To reset the engine oil life indicator, turn the ignition switch to the “On” position but do not start the engine.
Then press the button on the driver’s instrument cluster until the remaining oil life is displayed, such as “30%”.
Press and hold the button for 10 seconds until the oil life and a maintenance code start flashing.
Release the button, press it again and keep it pressed for another 5 seconds until the oil level meter is reset to 100%.
Engine oil lubricates and cools the internal parts of your engine. It also helps to remove impurities and in some cases can condition seals to extend engine life. Regular oil changes are necessary to remove oil that has collected impurities and replace it with fresh oil. Your manufacturer will specify the oil change interval, oil type and weight for your specific vehicle. If you have an oil leak or your engine is burning oil, it may be necessary to add some oil between oil changes. A low oil level triggers your oil pressure warning light and can damage the engine. When you are ready for your next oil change, pick up oil and an oil filter. We carry the oil types and weights recommended for your vehicle.
Recommended oil for Honda Fit
Model: Honda Fit II (2007 â€“ 2014)(USA)
|Engine||Capacity/Filter||Oil Change Intervals|
|Fit 1.5 16V (2008 â€“ 2010)||3.6 l 3.8 US Quarts / Filter: 0.2 l 0.21 US Quarts||12 months|
|Fit 1.5 16V (2011 â€“ 2014)||3.6 l 3.8 US Quarts / Filter: 0.2 l 0.21 US Quarts||12 months|
Model: Honda Fit III (2013 â€“ )(USA)
|Engine||Capacity/Filter||Oil Change Intervals|
|Fit 1.5 16V (2013 â€“ )||3.3 l 3.49 US Quarts / Filter: 0.2 l 0.21 US Quarts||12 months|