Off road lights review
1. Auxbeam LED Off-Road Light Bar
2. Auxbeam 4-Inch LED Light Pods 2-Piece Set
3. Nilight 2-Piece 18-Watt LED Off-Road Flood Pods
4. MicTuning 22-Inch Curved LED Off-Road Light Bar
5. Nilight 20-Inch LED Combo Off-Road Light Bar
6. Turbo SII 4-Inch Set-Of-4 Off-Road Light Pods
7. SLDX Curved 52-Inch LED Off-Road Light Bar
8. Nilight 180-Watt Combo LED Off-Road Light Bar
9. AutoSaver88 2-Pack LED Off-Road Light Pods
10. LED Light Bar YITAMOTOR Red 2Pack
As an off-road enthusiast, off-road lights are an essential component of the modular system. Without light, the paths are covered in complete darkness and often standard headlights do not meet the needs of the terrain. Contrary to the belief that a decent set of off-road lights is expensive, especially LED-based lights, LED-controlled off-road lights are available to meet every budget. LED technology makes off-road lights more efficient and easier to maintain.
Off-road lights not only make an off-road vehicle look better, they also improve driving safety and help to create a richer night driving experience. When you need a new Headlight restoration kit, so read our review about this.
Best off road lights for truck
These auxiliary lights complement your vehicle’s standard headlights and provide a better view of the road ahead. You can choose either a wider view of the road or a farther view, which is ideal for high speeds.
Driving off the road in rough terrain can be a problem at first, but becomes even harder without adequate lighting. Investing in high-quality LED off-road lights can give you a clear view and identify potential hazards.
10 best off road lights: Floodlights, headlights and more – Review 2019
Off road lights led
Offroad lights are usually mounted on the vehicle in order to ensure the widest and most extensive illumination possible. Other visibility options are the type of beam generated by the light, of which there are three types.
Top rated off road lights for jeep
This best off-road light review focuses on giving you a list of the top lights on the market and enough information to help you make the right choice. Whatever your style or the type of off-road lights you are looking for, this guide has covered you. You’ll find a fantastic set that fits your budget and vehicle. So if you’re a car fan or an off-road enthusiast who wants to make sure your vehicle is perfectly equipped, you’ve come to the right place.
Buy Auxbeam LED Off-Road Light Bar
- Length: 12 inch
- Output: 72 Watt
- Lumen: 7.200
- Operating voltage: 9-32 Volt
Auxbeam makes you with this 12-inch long light bar an offer of the best LED off-road vehicle light. It is manufactured with Cree LED chips and there are 24 of them with 3-watt power consumption each.
This increases the total power consumption to 72 watts, with which the bar generates 7,200 lumens of brightness. There are also three sections of the bar, including a central spotlight with a 6-LED floodlight on each side.
The spotlights have a beam angle of 30 degrees to maximize their focus and range, while the floodlights each have a wide beam angle of 60 degrees.
The bar is also supplied with adjustable mounting brackets that allow you to adjust the light beam to your requirements. Auxbeam assesses it to IP-67 against ingress of water, dust, and has CE and RoHS certifications as well as a one-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Strong 7,200 lumens pure light intensity
- Provides a combined beam of spotlight and floodlight.
- Protection class IP-67 against ingress of dust and water.
- CE & RoHS certified plus 9 to 32 V operating voltage
- The manufacturer’s warranty is only one year.
- The nominal operating time is only 30,000 hours.
Buy Auxbeam 4-Inch LED Light Pods 2-Piece Set
- Length: 4 inch
- Power: 18 Watt each
- Lumen: 1,800 pieces each
- Operating voltage: N/A
There are times when you need something extraordinary, an approach to your off-road lighting with a high degree of creativity that will give your vehicle a unique look.
This package contains 2 pieces of 4-inch wide LED pods and although they are not the brightest off-road lights, they each produce up to 1,800 lumens of floodlight brightness.
You can mount them on an ATV, truck, SUV, and any other useful platform you can imagine. Auxbeam expects the Cree LED chips to last at least 50,000 hours each, partly due to the sophisticated heat dissipation system.
Each Pod consumes 18 watts and accepts input voltages between 9 and 32 volts. The flood beam has a radiation angle of 60 degrees and a temperature of 6,000 Kelvin. Auxbeam supports the package with its standard 1-year warranty.
The quality of this product is unsurpassed, making it a top off-road light. It is a durable product that offers optimum brightness. This off-road light is equipped with high quality LEDs that last 50,000 hours.
- Provides a pair of high-intensity LED pods.
- The design and small size make it flexible for a creative installation.
- Produces 1,800 lumens each at a color temperature of 6,000 Kelvin.
- Over 50,000 hours of rated life
- It only offers you floodlights, but no spotlights.
Buy Nilight 2-Piece 18-Watt LED Off-Road Flood Pods
- Length: 5 inch
- Power: 18 Watt
- Lumen: 1,600 lumen
- Operating voltage: 9-30 Volt
Nilight belongs to the list of top off-road vehicle manufacturers and this offer here is proof of it. The installation of a light bar or pod with brackets offers a certain degree of flexibility, but this reduces the flexibility for flush mounting.
This flush-mounted design gives your vehicle a better look and offers more protection for the light pod. The package also includes everything necessary for installation.
Each pod produces up to 1,600 lumens and has a rated life of over 50,000 hours. It has an input voltage tolerance of 9 to 30 volts and can therefore easily be used in both 12-volt and 24-volt vehicles.
Nilight builds it with a 6063 aluminum case for durability and each pod is IP-67 rated, meaning it can withstand 30 minutes of immersion at up to 1 meter depth. It also has CE, RoHS and FCC quality certifications.
- The powerful light output of 2 LED-Pods
- The flush-mounted design allows a creative installation.
- Over 50,000 hours service life
- Rated according to Ip-67 plus Ce, FCC and RoHS certifications
- This set offers only headlight beams.
- Cannot be adjusted after installation.
Buy MicTuning 22-Inch Curved LED Off-Road Light Bar
- Length: 22 inch
- Power output: 120 Watt
- Lumen: Over 8,000 lumen
- Operating voltage: N/A
Are you looking for the best off-road light for trucks and other large off-road vehicles? This great offer from MicTuning offers you a massive LED bar with a width of full 22 inches and a light intensity of over 10,000 lumens.
The light bar is curved to provide better floodlighting for both the left and right sides, while the center directs its full 30-degree beam forward.
MicTuning guarantees that this light remains in the range of 6,000 to 6,200 Kelvin, which means that you get a pure white light without blue tone.
The bar is also properly sealed and IP-67 protected, making it insensitive to dust, raindrops and water to a depth of 1 meter. Its 10 cooling fins are another impressive feature, helping to maintain a cooler temperature and extend LED life.
MicTuning offers a 2-year warranty with the option to increase it to three upon registration. The housing of the die-cast aluminium light bar is of course very durable, but its performance is only 8,000 lumens, which is comparatively inefficient with a consumption of 120 watts.
- Produces a pure white light of 6,000-6,200 Kelvin.
- Curved light bar maximizes floodlight and visibility.
- It has an excellent heat dissipation system with 10 lamellas.
- Supported by a 2-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- The power consumption of 120 watts is enormous for some vehicles.
Buy Nilight 20-Inch LED Combo Off-Road Light Bar
- Length: 20 inch
- Output: 126 Watt
- Lumen: N/A
- Operating voltage: 9-30 Volt
With a width of 20 inches, this light bar has 2-way adjustable mounting brackets for perfect installation. You can move the brackets from side to side behind the bar and also adjust their angle to direct the light beam.
It comes with a combine light offer that includes floodlight and spotlight. With a total output of 126 watts, they produce a high-quality off-road daylight experience.
The light has a color temperature of 6,000-6,500 Kelvin, a PC lens and an aluminium housing made of 6063 with stainless steel brackets. Nilight evaluates its lifetime at 30,000 hours and its operating voltage between 9 and 30 volts.
Designed for larger off-road vehicles, this light is also not curved, so that its entire light output is directed forwards. If you are considering faster rear wheel travel, this is better than curved 20″ light bars.
The budget-friendly Nilight 20″ LED Light Bar produces bright light and superior protection because it is dust- and waterproof. It comes with rust and corrosion resistant brackets. In addition, the adjustable brackets can be mounted quickly.
- A 20-inch wide light bar with high light output.
- Equipped with a combination point and floodlights.
- Supported by a 2-year warranty
- Supplied with adjustable mounting brackets for correct positioning.
- Due to the 126-watt operation, it is only suitable for heavy vehicles.
Buy Turbo SII 4-Inch Set-Of-4 Off-Road Light Pods
- Length: 4 inch
- Power: 18 Watt
- Lumen: 1,260 lumen
- Operating voltage: 9-30 Volt
If you are looking for the best off-road lights for the money, then this set of 4 LED pods is available at a low and attractive price and also offers you some impressive features.
Each Pod has 6 LED chips that together consume a total of 18 watts of power per Pod. This corresponds to 1,260 lumens of brightness per Pod or over 5,000 lumens for all four Pods.
You can install these offroad lights at will, from 4×4, trucks, construction machinery and many other vehicles that can benefit from four light pods.
Each Pod is IP-67 protected, has a life of over 30,000 hours and is supplied in a protective 6063 aluminum housing.
- The offer applies to a package with 4 LED light pods.
- Each Pod has a lifetime of over 50,000 hours.
- Adjustable up to 45 degrees for the best fit
- Best off-road lights for the money
- All four LED-Pods produce only floodlight beams.
Buy SLDX Curved 52-Inch LED Off-Road Light Bar
- Length: 52 inch
- Power: 300 Watt
- Lumen: 20.400
- Operating voltage: 9 to 32 Volt
It is obvious that the best off-road light for jeeps and other off-road vehicles should be wide and powerful enough to provide the most illumination for the upcoming road.
This SLDX offer is a 52-inch wide monster with 100 individual LED lamps. It also includes 2 additional LED spotlight pods with a power of 1,200 lumens each.
The wiring harnesses for the large and small lights are also included in the package. The large light consumes 300 watts of power and produces 18,000 lumens, while the two pods each consume 18 watts.
With its curved shape, this 52-inch Powerlight illuminates both the front and sides for an optimal lighting experience with a combination pattern that includes both headlights and floodlights.
The lights are IP-68 protected and offer the highest protection against ingress of water and dust. SLDX grants 1-year warranty on the package.
This off-road light is easy to install and works in very demanding environments where a reliable light source is required. It comes with a shatterproof PMMA lens. The curved 52″ LED light bar illuminates sideways and forward for the ultimate lighting experience of a combination pattern with floodlight and headlights. It is a great solution for those who need a bright light without burdening their eyes as the flood/point combination provides the best light beam as it covers a large angle.
- The light bar is a full 52 inches wide with 100 LED chips.
- The package contains two more LED light pods.
- Best Offroad Light for Jeeps and Large Trucks
- Packages produces 18,000 + 2,400 lumens total.
- The production of 18,000 lumens from 300 watts is not efficient.
- The warranty is only 1 year.
Buy Nilight 180-Watt Combo LED Off-Road Light Bar
- Length: 32 inch
- Output: 180 Watt
- Lumen: N/A
- Operating voltage: 9-30 Volt
Here is another offroad light bar from Nilight. Although the company does not mention its total light output, the rod consumes a total of 180 watts with 60 pieces of 3-watt LED lamps.
It has a combined beam pattern of spotlights and floodlights and is designed for a service life of 50,000 hours. Nilight makes the case from 6063 aluminum and then uses 10 large ribs on the back to maximize cooling.
Silicone and anti-water gels have also been extensively used in the manufacture to ensure IP-67 protection. This means that you can even install this bar very low and do not have to worry about it being damaged by water.
Another special feature of this light bar is its mounting bracket, which can be mounted on both sides of the bar and allows 360-degree rotation, giving you more freedom in mounting.
- Combination spotlight and floodlight strip with pure white color temperature
- Waterproof design and effective heat dissipation system
- LED light has a nominal life of 50,000 hours.
- High-quality mounting brackets with 360-degree rotation
- The package does not come with a wiring harness.
Buy AutoSaver88 2-Pack LED Off-Road Light Pods
- Length: 7 inch
- Power: 51 Watt
- Lumen: 5.100
- Operating voltage: 10-60 Volt
This pair of LED off-road vehicles offers you a unique way to light the way with its special design and mounting system. You can mount them practically anywhere and align them to point perfectly in any direction you want.
Both light pods together generate 5,100 lumens in 2 spotlights and are therefore an excellent addition to the off-road lighting of any vehicle. Their light color is a 6,000-6,500 Kelvin natural white light, i.e. there is no disturbing blue tint.
AutoSaver88 evaluates the life of the pods to 50.00 hours, with working voltages between 10 and 60 volts. They are also IP-68 protected for ingress protection, which is the highest rating in this report and means that the lights are almost perfectly sealed against water.
The housing is made of acid-resistant aluminium, which further increases the durability of these pods and their bottom bracket design makes them easy to mount in almost any location.
Each Pod is 7 inches wide and has the LED lights distributed in seemingly random but beautiful ways. If you do not like the black color and want something more exciting, AutoSaver88 also offers these lights in red and other shapes and sizes.
These lights are able to produce brighter light to increase visibility in the dark. Although the product may be a little expensive, it contains 2 light pods and mounting brackets. The IP68 degree of protection ensures that the luminaire is protected from dust and water.
- The package has 2 large pods
- Both pods together produce an output of 5,100 lumens.
- The protection class is IP-68.
- Supplied in a rugged 6063 aluminum housing.
Buy LED Light Bar YITAMOTOR Red 2Pack
- Length: 9 inch
- Output: 54 Watt
- Lumen: N/A
- Operating voltage: 9-30 Volt
Light up the night with YITAMOTOR 9” 54W Combo Offroad Led Light, the durable LED work light is waterproof and shockproof. Aluminium housing and polycarbonate lens protect the internal components, and an integrated heat sink allows cool operation of the LEDs, resulting in incredibly high efficiency. The LED work light can operate at 54 watts with low power consumption. YITAMOTOR High Power LED Work Light is ideal for off-road vehicles, daytime running lights or fog lights on your motorcycle, truck, ATV or UTV and can also be used for industrial lighting, marine lighting and tractor lighting.
- Housing made of die-cast aluminium alloy
- Watertight, dustproof, earthquake-proof, explosion-proof, explosion-protected
- Valid irradiation distance longer than normal light bulb
- Enhancement of the PC lens surface with high light transmittance
- Adjustable mounting brackets, easy to mount
Characteristics to be considered for good off-road lights
In the field, the uneven ground can be problematic with inadequate lighting. Investments in decent off-road lights give you a clear view to identify potential hazards. Off-road luminaires must be durable and resistant to rough use and impact. For decent off-road vehicle lighting, you should consider the following characteristics:
Make sure that the materials used can withstand the harsh conditions in the off-road area. Some of the features you should look for in off-road lights are:
- Scratch-resistant, durable lenses
- High water resistance over 67%.
- Aluminium mounting accessories and housing
- Optional rockfall protection devices
There are many cheaper options that can’t hold up in the field. Strong shocks, constant vibration and bad weather conditions can cause, among other things, non-terrain vehicle lights to break easily.
There are 4 beam types to choose from, including spread, point, drive and flood patterns. Many off-road lights use the spot beam pattern because it offers a greater range. The angle of the beam is narrower at about 45 degrees, resulting in a cone of light.
The flood beam pattern produces a large amount of light that is scattered over a 120 degree angle to cover a larger space. A mix of the 2 beam patterns is the ideal option for perfect forward visibility.
Since you will be using the lights in the field, you have no restrictions as to how bright the lights can be. This allows you to retrofit a HID kit in the light housing if you need more light. However, the brightness of many off-road lights is sufficient, as most have at least 5,000 lumens.
Depending on whether you choose LED or halogen, it will make a big difference in light output. Limiting power consumption increases the life of off-road lights and reduces heat output. In addition, it is less removed from your vehicle batteries, which can be a problem with older vehicles.
Best place for mounting off-road lights
When it comes to the installation of off-road lights, there are numerous mounting options. Some of the most popular positions are above the windscreen, the A-pillar and the front bumper. Of course, you can become quite unique by placing them in alternative locations, such as on a roof rack or even on the fenders.
Unless you have a lift kit installed or the 4×4 vehicle is already high, you can best be mounted them higher up. If they are too deep in the ground, they are more likely to be damaged.
The installation of off-road lights themselves requires some knowledge of the wiring and confidence in the hole in the vehicle. If you feel that you do not have these features, it would be advisable to seek help from a professional.
To attach off-road lights to your vehicle, follow these simple steps:
- Disconnect the battery. For safety reasons, make sure that there is no power before starting work.
- Determine which light is to be used. Whether roof, windscreen or bumper lighting, it must be purchased before starting work.
- Mark a specific position of the light. Drilling is required, so mark the exact positions where you need to drill into the vehicle with masking tape. Make sure that no headliner or objects are damaged by the drilling. In this case, change the mounting location, which provides more room for the drill to penetrate.
- Drill into the markings. Drill into the markings with an exact drill, but do not go too far!
- Use anticorrosive varnish on metal. The metal is now exposed and requires a rust inhibitor paint to prevent rust formation.
- Mount the Off Road Light. With the screws and fasteners supplied with the light, start mounting it. Use silicone in the drill holes to prevent water leakage and install a grommet in the cable hole, pull through the cables and seal them.
- Select the location for the light switch. You will want the switch to be accessible to the driver and able to install cables for the switch to the battery and light.
- Connect the cables from the light switch to the light. Connect the ground cable and then the power cord to the switch. Use the supplied connectors if the off-road light provides them.
- Connect the cables from the light switch to the battery. Connect the jumper wire to the battery and make sure it is a secure connection for safety.
- Reconnect the battery. As soon as you are satisfied, test the functioning of the lighting by reconnecting the battery.
The above 10-step guide is intended to give you an idea of what happens during the installation process. It is undoubtedly a DIY task that most people will be able to do and the place where you mount the luminaire will play a big role in the ease of installation.
If you have drilled into an area of the bodywork, we strongly recommend that you treat the exposed metal with anti-rust spray. Otherwise corrosion and other problems may occur in the future.
How to Buy the Best Off-Road Lights
Off-road lights are special additions to any vehicle that drives off-road from time to time, and their increasing popularity is proof of their necessity.
However, there are different designs and styles that stand out due to their special features. However, there are a handful of features that are important for any off-road bar.
These features are listed below, with brief explanations to help you understand what to look for when choosing an off-road light bar. This information will help you make the right choice.
Your first considerations should be how compatible the light bar is with your SUV. Does your vehicle support its voltage range? In addition, does it have enough current to power it?
Further considerations are the mounting options and the cable length. Does your vehicle offer a suitable mounting point and does it fit the range of the cable?
Once all these questions are answered, another question you need to ask yourself is your driving style. This question is important because its answer will help you find the ideal beam pattern for your vehicle.
After a light bulb has generated light, these rays are directed onto the road to ensure the lighting. The way this light is directed allows it to form a certain pattern on the street and in its surroundings. This pattern is the beam pattern.
There are two main types of beam patterns: Floodlights and spotlights. The combination of these two types is also possible and this combination creates the third pattern, the so-called combo pattern.
The following is a look at these patterns:
- Floodlights. A floodlight beam has a wide spread of light from the light bar. This creates a pattern that spreads in almost every direction, allowing the driver to see both what is in front and what is around him.A disadvantage of this pattern is that one cannot see far away with the eye, because the light is scattered in all directions. It is therefore not ideal for high-speed racing, but ideal for rallies, camping and large area lighting.
- Spotlight beam. With a spotlight, the light pattern is more focused than with a floodlight. The beam propagates at an angle of 30 degrees to the light bar and can extend further forward than a floodlight beam.Spotlights are ideal for faster driving such as racing, where the driver needs to concentrate as much as possible on the road.
- Combo beams. A third option is the combo beam, which combines a spotlight with a floodlight to create a completely new type of beam that resolves the defects of spotlights and floodlights.With a combo beam, you can drive races, illuminate large areas and perform most activities that are not possible with a spotlight or floodlight beam because you have both beams in one light.
In addition to the beam patterns, there is also light in different intensities, which are referred to as brightness. The brightness of a light is measured in lumens and a high lumen value means a brighter light, independent of the color of the light.
Offroad light bars are comparatively very bright and measure in thousands of lumens, with an average value of 5,000 lumens and more.
There are two main factors that determine the durability of a light bar. The first is the material of the housing, which provides a long life if made of a high quality material such as aluminium.
The second reason is the quality of the LED chips. These LEDs are the light emitting diodes that produce the light. When they are made of high quality materials, they burn brighter and last longer.
Another thing to keep in mind is how easy it is to install the light bar. Is it supplied with mounting brackets and does it allow you to make adjustments?
Also, check that the package contains everything you need for installation, such as a wiring harness with sufficient cable length.
Off-road driving is rough, so you need to make sure that the light bar you buy can withstand the challenges of off-road driving such as water splashes, rain, rock fall, dust, etc.
A good way to measure this protection is to measure the degree of protection (IP). An IP rating of 67 or 68 is good because it means that your light bar can withstand most of the challenges it faces.
There are various functions in off-road lights, some of which may be necessary and some absolutely necessary. For example, if you want to be off-road in extreme weather, look for an off-road LED bar that provides headlight functions. When driving in rough off-road locations, buy off-road lights that provide headlight functions to eliminate any guesswork by focusing a beam of light on a specific area. Here are some important features to keep in mind:
Type of bulb – The 3 most common choices are HID, halogen and LED, the latter being the preferred option.
Performance – Calculated in watts, more watts equals greater brightness.
Form factor The common options are LED strips and Pod, each with its advantages and disadvantages.
Amperage The larger the number, the faster your battery will discharge when the engine is not running.
IP67 rating This rating ensures that your off-road lights are dustproof and waterproof as you use them outdoors and in some cases in harsh weather.
Heat dissipation – Discreet off-road lights are equipped with fans to ensure a smooth and long life.
Radiation characteristics – Off-road luminaires are available in 3 different radiation characteristics, i.e. spot, off-road, flood or combination of these 3 variants.
Mounting – Many manufacturers offer mounting brackets. If not, you can buy them at very competitive prices. Make sure they are compatible with off-road lights.
Color Temperature Calculated in K (Kelvin). This indicates the colour of the light source with high quality light between 5000K and 6000K+.
Warranty – Most off-road light manufacturers offer a certain warranty from 6 months up to 2 years and more.
Lifetime – Off-road LED lights are generally good as they offer 20,000 to 30,000 hours and more.
We have reached the end of this best off-road light review, you have seen some of the most interesting, and high quality offers.
Off road lights for bull bar
From small 4-inch light capsules to huge 52-inch monsters and everything in between, you have seen that every type of off-road light meets a specific need, so your choice depends on what you need.
That’s why it’s important to choose carefully and never rush to buy. You don’t want to end up with expensive lights that are too weak for your needs. To avoid this, it will help to consider the factors we discuss, such as lumen output and colour temperature.
Therefore, it is up to you to think about your driving behavior, your vehicle type and the light path you need before choosing an off-road light for your vehicle.