Best motor oil for Chrysler
1. Castrol EDGE Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oil 0W-20
2. Mopar MaxPro Engine Oil 5W-20
3. Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic Motor Oil 5W-20
4. Castrol EDGE Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oil 5W-20
5. Shell Rotella Gas Truck Full Synthetic Motor Oil 5W-20
6. Royal Purple High Performance Synthetic Motor Oil 5W-20
7. Havoline High Mileage Synthetic Blend 5W20
8. MAG1 Full Synthetic Motor Oil 5W-20
9. Mobil 1 High Mileage Motor Oil 5W-20
10. RAVENOL Motor Oil 5W-20
11. Havoline PRO DS Full Synthetic Oil 5W20
12. Mopar Maxpro Motor Oil 5W-30
13. TRIAX Synergy Full Synthetic API SN Plus 5W-30
14. Pennzoil Ultra Platinum Full Synthetic Motor Oil 5W-30
15. Delo XSP Synthetic Motor Oil SAE 5W-30
16. Mobil Super Synthetic Motor Oil 10W-30
Engine oil for Chrysler
Top rated oil for Chrysler
Best rated oil for Chrysler
When your oil change interval comes, there is no shortage of options for the best engine oil to supply your engine. The hard part is choosing between so many big names and features. Which is the best engine oil you ask? It depends on the characteristics and mileage of your vehicle. Most people would say that a full synthetic oil is best, but that does not mean that there are not great products in every engine oil category.
Best engine oil for Chrysler
Buy Castrol EDGE Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oil 0W-20
The full synthetic oil Castrol 03124 Edge 0W-20 is of high quality and one of the most reliable products. Manufactured by a company with a great reputation, it gives you confidence.
The oil is full synthetic, i.e. high performance and offers high mileage.
When it comes to performance, this oil never disappoints. The formulation offers better performance than many other oils.
In fact, the advanced formula gives your engine great pressure. This is ideal for maximizing fuel efficiency and power output.
There is no need to worry about your engine and other components wearing out quickly. Using this synthetic oil guarantees complete protection.
The high lubricity ensures smooth movement. As a result, the metals glide smoothly and do not slide. This protects the engine components from rapid wear.
Apart from lubrication, the oil effectively keeps the engine clean. With less engine wear it means less deposits.
In addition, with its ideal viscosity, the oil helps to clean engine parts. Many vehicle manufacturers recommend it for its efficiency.
Few oils can beat Castrol Edge in this 0W-20 synthetic oil overview.
- Grand Prize
- Withstands the high pressure
- Patented Castrol-Titanium technology
- Lubricates and cleans the motor
- Poorly visible viewing window
- Not the best oil for a cold engine start
Buy Mopar MaxPro Engine Oil 5W-20
Mopar Max Pro 5W-30 engine oils that meet the ILSAC GF-5 performance standard, as indicated by the PAI “Starburst” certification on the front of the container, are designed to provide improved fuel economy, engine cleanliness, ethanol compatibility, emission systems and turbocharger protection. Engine oils that meet the ILSAC GF-5 standard are also suitable where oils that meet all previous ILSAC standards have been recommended. This engine oil has been approved to Chrysler material standard MS-6395 and validated by rigorous fleet testing to protect Chrysler/ FIAT engines. Chrysler recommends only oils that are API certified and meet MS-6395. For the correct viscosity grade, refer to the Chrysler/ FIAT owner’s manual.
- Manufacturer Chrysler
- OEM number 68218891AA
- SAE/Viscosity 5W-20
- Technical data API SN, ILSAC GF-5
- Recommendation Chrysler, Dodge, Fiat, Jeep
Buy Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic Motor Oil 5W-20
Pennzoil Platinum fully synthetic SAE 5W-20 engine oil is a unique product of our revolutionary PurePlus Gas-to-Liquid technology, which is a patented process that converts pure natural gas into a high-quality, full synthetic base oil. This premium base oil is 99.5% pure, contains less impurity than base oils made from crude oil and, in combination with the advanced additive technology, and forms one of the best formulations in the Pennzoil portfolio. Pennzoil Platinum full synthetic SAE 5W-20 engine oil is licensed and meets the vehicle warranty requirements of GM’s dexos 1 Gen 2 specifications, which are in line with today’s advanced engine technologies. This means that Pennzoil Platinum full synthetic products meet the stringent requirements of leading car manufacturers. Why is this important? Modern engine technologies have evolved over the years and today’s engine parts have reached an unprecedented level of fine tolerances that require a high quality engine oil to provide complete engine protection. This includes protection against abnormal combustion phenomena such as the low speed pre-ignition observed in modern turbocharged gasoline direct injection (TGDI) engines.
- With Pennzoil Platinum full synthetic engine oil, you can drive an average of 550 miles longer than with a dirty engine.
- Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic Engine Oil helps protect your engine from loss of power by helping to protect your engine from wear and deposits.
- When it comes to protecting the internal parts of your engine from metal-to-metal contact, no other leading synthetic engine oil offers better wear protection than Pennzoil Platinum full synthetic engine oil.
- In extreme cold, Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic engine oil flows faster, which means that the engine oil migrates quickly to lubricate the various engine parts. At extremely hot temperatures, Pennzoil Full Synthetic engine oil has less tendency to evaporate.
- Be prepared for possible leaks
Buy Castrol EDGE Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oil 5W-20
Castrol 03083 EDGE 5W-20 synthetic engine oil is designed for maximum performance and engine protection. The Edge exceeds ACEA B1, ACEA A1, API SN, ILSAC GF-5 standards, resulting in superior deposit control. The oil also provides protection against oxidation and wear.
The engine oil meets the performance requirements of Ford, Chrysler and other vehicles and can adapt to the changing environment of your engine. It also provides full protection for your engine, keeping performance at a high level.
This is possible because Castrol uses a custom formula. The Edge does not burn as fast, which results in faster performance. Finally, the oil reduces engine noise, a common problem when driving in low temperatures.
- Offers optimum protection for motors
- Works with a variety of vehicles
- Leads to a smoother and quieter engine with regular use
- The cap protection is somewhat difficult to remove
Buy Shell Rotella Gas Truck Full Synthetic Motor Oil 5W-20
Shell Rotella is the first major oil brand to introduce a complete portfolio of full synthetic engine oils for gasoline powered trucks and SUVs as well as for diesel engines. Shell Rotella is the number one high performance diesel engine oil brand in North America and has a strong tradition of protecting hard working engines.
Shell Rotella Gas Truck Motor Oil is for gas-powered pickup and SUV owners who want a motor oil that offers the key benefits, including protection for the extremes their engines are exposed to. Shell Rotella Gas Truck protects and extends the life of engines for all truck and SUV engines, both old and new.
Many pickup and SUV drivers, especially those with 4×4 vehicles, use their trucks for hard work. The oil is recommended for drivers who need to tow a load of mulch, help a friend move, for off-road driving or pulling a boat or trailer, and even for stop-and-go traffic. All these activities require additional engine protection.
Shell Rotella Gas Truck engine oil is available in full synthetic viscosities of 0W-20, 5W-20 and 5W-30. SAE 5W-20 viscosity grade is recommended for use in vehicles under all driving conditions, especially for petrol pickups and SUVs that tend to be more extreme.
- Provides excellent protection for new and high mileage gas van and SUV engines
- Outperforms conventional engine oil under difficult driving conditions, including stop-and-go driving, extreme temperatures and towing
- Offers extreme protection during towing and hauling
- Protects the horsepower
- Offers unsurpassed wear protection
- Turbo engines may not work well with this oil
Buy Royal Purple High Performance Synthetic Motor Oil 5W-20
The Royal Purple 51520 API licensed 5W-20 synthetic engine oil is available in different sizes (1 quart), 1 quart 6 pack, 1 quart 12 pack and 5 gallons. Although the sizes vary, they all provide optimum protection for the engine. With regular use, the oil will increase the torque and power of your engine for superior performance.
Royal Purple engine oil is a complete solution that cools, cleans and lubricates engines. The formula is compatible with various types of engine oils, including recycled oils, hybrid oils (synthetic and conventional), bio-based oils, and diesel oils, synthetic and conventional oils.
The Royal Purple has a SAE 5W-20 weight, which means its performance is 20 at normal temperatures and viscosity 5 in cold weather. The Royal Purple is full synthetic, i.e. there is no crude element.
- Reduces engine wear
- Provides oxidation stability
- Compatible with different types of oil
- Not formulated for motorcycles
Buy Havoline High Mileage Synthetic Blend 5W20
Havoline engine oils with high mileage and deposit shield are specially formulated to meet the needs of engines with higher mileage. Over the life of your engine, its performance will change, seals will deteriorate, seals will deteriorate and oil consumption may increase.
Havoline engine oils with high mileage and Deposit Shield Technology are specially developed for the needs of engines with higher mileage. Over the life of your engine, its performance will change, seals will deteriorate, seals will deteriorate and oil consumption may increase.
Regular use of Havoline high mileage engine oil and Deposit Shield Technology, which contains a special conditioning agent for seals, can help keep seals in good condition and minimize oil leaks. Havoline engine oils with Deposit Shield Technology help to control oil consumption by controlling evaporation losses at high temperatures.
- Contribution to the prevention of oil consumption
- Exceptional wear protection
- Your results will vary depending on your driving habits and vehicle type
Buy MAG1 Full Synthetic Motor Oil 5W-20
MAG 1 Full synthetic 5W-20 engine oil is the purest and most advanced formulation. It offers unsurpassed protection and performance.
OEMs continue to develop engine designs that demand more from the engine oil. One brand has evolved along with them – MAG 1, offering unsurpassed protection, even with the lightest viscosities. Protects better than the thick oils of the past.
- Formulated with FMX friction modifiers to reduce engine wear by 56 percent compared to standard ILSAC GF-4/SN engine oils
- Formulated with High Phos Retention 2DP for extended weathering performance
- Leading OEM viscosity class for economical fuel consumption
- Excellent resistance to cold start wear
- Complies with the following: M2C945-A, GM 6094M, Chrysler MS-6395
- Complies with API SN and ILSAC GF-5
Buy Mobil 1 High Mileage Motor Oil 5W-20
If there was a king of oils, it would probably be the Mobil 1 5W-20, which has an advanced, specially formulated synthetic oil that makes your engine look like new and gives you 15,000 miles of life.
It provides your engine with exceptional wear protection, high cleaning power and overall performance. It also helps reduce deposits and sludge in your engine to protect it and give it a longer life.
This oil is also designed to protect the parts in high mileage engines with a conditioner to keep these parts of the engine in optimum condition and prevent any leakage.
With its excellent lubricating properties, it should be suitable for all types of vehicles. Surprisingly, its superior lubrication has a low pour point, which means that it works perfectly even in extreme heat or cold. In addition, the Mobil1 also has antioxidants, anti-wear agents, cleaning agents and rust preventives.
- Its special formulation keeps your engine like new.
- It offers exceptional cleaning power and protection against wear and tear to improve overall performance.
- It helps reduce deposits and sludge to protect your engine and give it a longer life.
- It is not a very good engine cleaner.
- Prefers the high performance of the engine over the durability.
Buy RAVENOL Motor Oil 5W-20
RAVENOL Super Fuel Economy SFE 5W-20 is a specially formulated, full synthetic engine oil, extensively tested for American, European and Japanese engines when SAE 5W-20 is required. RAVENOL SFE contains CleanSynto Technology and has been proven to minimize friction, wear and fuel consumption with excellent cold start properties and meets all extended oil change intervals where recommended by the manufacturer. It is a resource-saving, energy-saving engine oil and contributes to environmental protection by reducing engine emissions and improving fuel economy.
RAVENOL SFE is a high quality product for modern cars and light trucks requiring an engine oil with a viscosity of 5W-20. RAVENOL SFE is an excellent option to minimize the valve tappet/valve pulling noise common in some GM and Mopar engines caused by poor oil quality and poor service.
- High quality synthetic engine oil developed and extensively tested for American, European and Japanese engines when SAE 5W-20 is required
- Licensed approvals for the API SN, SM and ILSAC GF-5 quality standards
- Great corrosion protection even at high speeds, protects the longevity of the motor with excellent cleaning and dispersing properties for trouble-free operation of the motor
- Low evaporation tendency with low oil consumption and safety against sludge deposition, coking and corrosion even under unfavorable operating conditions
Buy Havoline PRO DS Full Synthetic Oil 5W20
Chevron Havoline Prod’s full synthetic engine oils with deposit shield technology are specially formulated to provide the highest level of protection required by high performance engines. They have excellent thermal and shear stability to control viscosity and provide the highest performance and protection even with extended oil change intervals. They offer an extra level of protection for your investment in a Sport Utility Vehicle (SUV), high performance or luxury car. Havoline Prods full synthetic engine oils with deposit shield technology offer advanced protection for high performance vehicles with supercharging and turbocharging. Havoline prods full synthetic engine oils with Deposit Shield Technology are formulated with 100% synthetic base oils to ensure optimum performance. The exceptional volatility and stability of synthetic base oils promote low oil consumption, fast engine start (especially in cold weather) and extremely fast lubrication of all moving parts. In addition, a special blend of additives protects the engine from harmful deposits and wear.
- Chevron Havoline ProDS Full synthetic engine oils with Deposit Shield Technology deliver added value through
- Easy cold start due to excellent low temperature properties of the synthetic base oils
- Minimizes engine deposits and emissions under heavy duty and stop-and-go driving conditions
- Promotes long engine life through extremely fast lubrication at start and excellent wear protection under all other engine operating conditions
- Chevron Havoline ProDS Fully synthetic engine oils with Deposit Shield Technology are recommended for four stroke gasoline engines in passenger cars, sport utility vehicles and light trucks.
Buy Mopar Maxpro Motor Oil 5W-30
Mopar Max Pro 5W-30 engine oils that meet the ILSAC GF-5 performance standard, as indicated by the PAI “Starburst” certification on the front of the container, are designed to provide improved fuel economy, engine cleanliness, Thanol compatibility, emission systems and turbocharger protection. Engine oils that meet the ILSAC GF-5 standard are also suitable where oils that meet all previous ILSAC standards have been recommended. This engine oil has been approved to Chrysler material standard MS-6395 and validated by rigorous fleet testing to protect Chrysler/ FIAT engines. Chrysler recommends only oils that are API-certified and meet MS-6395. For the correct viscosity grade, refer to the Chrysler/ FIAT owner’s manual.
- OEM number 68218921A
- Technical data API SN, ILSAC GF-5
- Recommendation Chrysler, Dodge, Fiat, Jeep
- Difficult to find in the store
Buy TRIAX Synergy Full Synthetic API SN Plus 5W-30
TRIAX Synergy SRT 5W-30 is an advanced full synthetic high performance engine oil designed for extreme performance and protection in all driving conditions. The product is formulated with high quality full synthetic base oils, including PAO (Polyalphaolephine Group IV), combined with a proprietary additive package of the latest generation with nitrogen, organic molybdenum complex technology, boron and High Phosphate Retention ZDDP for excellent wear protection. Provides year-round performance for gasoline and turbo diesel (NON DPF) engines with high power and high rpm in North American, European and Japanese vehicles. This product exceeds the DEXOS 1 performance and other OEM specifications required by GM by up to 65%. TRIAX Synergy SRT 5W-30 is compatible with all engine-sealing materials.
- Extremely powerful, full synthetic base oils for longest oil life and best natural stability
- Patented additive formulation with excellent friction modifying and wear reducing properties
- Significant improvement in wear of hot engine components and engine mounts
- State-of-the-art detergent packaging not only cleans, but also prevents deposits and sludge
- Not a long lasting change intervals
Buy Pennzoil Ultra Platinum Full Synthetic Motor Oil 5W-30
Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5W-30 is a premium quality product that provides complete engine protection for your car. Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5W-30 is the engine oil of the future for numerous makes and models of engines.
Thanks to Pennzoil’s revolutionary production processes, the additives and detergents in this fully synthetic oil clean and protect your engine better than almost any other high performance engine oil on the market today.
But above all, for transmissions and tuners, this synthetic oil is an excellent choice for use in turbocharged and supercharged engines, as it offers the high temperature extremes that these engines demand from their engine oil. Overall, Pennzoil is a fantastic product with few (if any) drawbacks.
- Full synthetic base oil
- Proven improved fuel economy
- More value for the costs
- If you change from traditional engine oil to synthetic oil, your engine may need a “break-in” period of a few oil changes.
Buy Delo XSP Synthetic Motor Oil SAE 5W-30
Delo 400 LE Synthetic SAE 5W-30 is a mixed liquor engine oil recommended for naturally aspirated and supercharged four-stroke diesel engines and four-stroke gasoline engines in which the service categories API CJ-4 or API SN and the viscosity grade SAE 5W-30 are recommended.
- Exceeds the performance requirements of industry and engine manufacturers It is formulated with the most advanced additive technology to provide superior protection
- Delo 400 LE Synthetic SAE 5W-30 is formulated with ISOSYN technology, which is a combination of high-quality base oils and high-performance additives.
- ISOSYN Technology helps customers by: providing extended service protection, maximizing engine life, minimizing operating costs
Buy Mobil Super Synthetic Motor Oil 10W-30
For long engine life, Mobil Super Synthetic 10W-30 is a full synthetic engine oil designed to extend engine life in vehicles of all ages. 10W-30 is the recommended viscosity for many vehicles manufactured before 2000. Mobil Super Synthetic 10W-30 helps extend the life of your engine by protecting engine parts from high temperatures, mud deposits, and wear. Like all Mobil Super premium engine oils, you will receive the Mobil Super Engine Warranty against oil-related engine failure. For ultimate protection and performance, we recommend Mobil 1 10W-30, a modern full synthetic engine oil.
- Full synthetic engine oil designed to provide excellent engine protection for vehicles of all ages in a wide range of weather and driving conditions.
- Protects critical engine parts over a wide temperature range (up to 400 degrees F) without oxidative oil thickening and oil degradation
- Specially formulated to allow easy starting and rapid oil circulation during cold starts to protect critical engine parts.
- Helps control oil consumption and loss and provides protection beyond our conventional synthetic blending products
- Meets or exceeds the latest industry specifications and API SN resource-efficient
Before you decide on a product, you should consider a few things:
- Important information from the manufacturer about the engine and oil change procedures can be found in the owner’s manual.
- The manufacturer has a specific viscosity recommendation, which is decided by people you should trust
- The mileage of your vehicle influences the type of oil best suited for the job: conventional, synthetic or a blend of the two
After considering all these points, choosing the best motor oil for your vehicle will be a task you are ready to tackle.
Best engine oil for Chrysler
The oil required depends on the engine you have in your car. If you have the 2.4L engine, you should use a 0W-20 multigrade oil with API SN certification that conforms to Chrysler standard MS-6395. If you have a 3.6L engine, you should use a 5W-20 multigrade oil with API SN certification that conforms to Chrysler MS-6395. The API certification, viscosity and the just quoted Chrysler standard should be printed on the engine oil bottle label.
What you should consider when buying engine oil
Here are a few things to look out for before you drop the dough. Many people have called their brand the best oil brand and claim that their Castrol is “the best motor oil in the world”. While Castrol makes a great oil, many competing brands also make great products. More important than finding the best car oil brand is finding the best oil for your car. The best engine oil will vary depending on your specific brand, model, year, mileage and the requirements in your car manual.
Recommendations oil of the manufacturers
The car, truck or SUV you drive has been fitted out by the design and development teams with a considerable amount of time and money before it found its way to the showroom. “Most designs take 3-5 years from initial concept to a ready-to-use production unit.” – Torque News, 2012
We estimate that hundreds of people were involved in the process during this period, and every single one of them was extremely well qualified to do so. Nevertheless, the recommendations that these people have made regarding the long-term care of the vehicle are not to be taken lightly.
Let’s talk about the viscosity of engine oil
The oil that you fill into the engine of your vehicle will be exposed to extreme conditions. The engines are exposed to high operating speeds, high operating temperatures and long hours of operation.
Your choice of oil must be API approved and it must have the correct viscosity. The viscosity that your manufacturer has determined to be the best oil for your engine was a choice that involves many different factors:
Outdoor temperatures. If you live in an extremely hot or cold place, you may need a special type of oil.
Operating temperatures. The average temperatures at which your vehicle’s engine runs.
The load on the engine. How much stress is placed on the engine. For example, large trucks are subject to higher engine loads.
After considering all these factors and the operating range, your engine has been assigned an approved viscosity grade. The most common ratings for a petrol engine are 5W-30, 5W-20 and 0W-20, while the most common ratings for a diesel engine are 15W-40 and 5W-40.
Other factors to consider when purchasing engine oil:
Driving style. For those of you who have lead foot syndrome, have a performance sports car that you like to have fun in, or like to tow/heavy things around it may be worth testing a higher quality or specially formulated oil. Engines that are regularly subjected to higher loads may be happier if they swallow a full synthetic oil.
Additives. There are some big differences between brands. Most products use a unique combination of anti-foaming agents, conditioners, corrosion inhibitors, detergents, dispersants, antioxidants and anti-wear agents.
Motor oil for Chrysler 200
For your specific year, make and model, Chrysler recommends using MOPAR API-certified SAE 5W-20 engine oil that meets the requirements of Chrysler Group LLC material standard MS-6395 in your vehicle. When you purchase this oil online or from your dealer, simply quote part number 04761872PA if you want 1 quart and/or part number 04761851PA for 5 quarts.
Your car needs 4.5 liters for an oil change, so the 5-liter container is more sensible. Of course, the filter also needs to be changed and you should specify the recommended filter, which is MOPAR engine oil filter part no. 4892339AA. If you want to use other oil brands (e.g. Mobil 1), just check if it complies with the material standard MS-6395 according to Chrysler. This is printed on the back of the oil container. If it is not so specified, it is not advisable to use it.
Motor oil for Chrysler Pacifica
Each Pacifica trim uses 0w-20 synthetic oil.
Motor oil for 2002 Chrysler Sebring
Chrysler Sebring 2.4L / 2.7L 2002 uses SAE 5W-30 full synthetic engine oil, 1 quart of Idemitsu. Developed for high performance engines, including turbos.
2014 Chrysler town and country engine oil type
Chrysler Town and Country 3.6L 2014, SAE 5W-20 full synthetic engine oil