H27 880 bulbs are used in the fog lights of the car. Fog lamps differ from the main headlights and taillights of your car in that they are usually inserted deeper into the front or rear apron or the bumpers and angled so that they are undercut or visible in dense fog.
Many vehicles have front and rear fog lights that operate independently of the headlights for use in fog, adverse weather conditions or other times when visibility is extremely reduced.
The H27 base comes in two types:
- H27, type 1, also labeled 880, straight base
- H27, type 2, also called 881, curved base
Best H27 880 LED Fog Light Bulbs
Best 880 (884, 885, 892, 893, 899) LED Fog Bulbs For Car
1. BEAMTECH 880 LED Headlight Bulb
2. SNGL 880 LED Fog Light Bulb 6000k
3. NINEO 880 LED Headlight Bulbs
4. Win Power 880 881 LED Fog Light Bulbs
5. KATANA 880 LED Headlight Bulbs
6. Auxbeam Led Headlight Bulbs F-S3 Series 880
Best 880 LED Fog Bulbs
Top rated 880 LED Fog lamps
Best brightest fog lights 880
Best 880 Led fog lights
Buy BEAMTECH 880 LED Headlight Bulb
The BEAMTECH LED-Kit is one of the easiest plug and play designed lights on this list. These lights have an impressive operating life of over 30,000 hours, which is due to their unique design.
The highlight is the heat sink, which disperses the heat in all directions. When the bulbs remain on, the heat radiates outwards and keeps the bulbs at normal operating temperature.
Despite all this, they still produce a total output of 8,000 lumens at 6,500K. The icing on the cake is that you pay far less for these bulbs than for most of the others on the list.
For price and performance, we highly recommend you take a look at this kit.
- Super long lifetime: > 30.000 hours, the power of each lamp only 25W, Waterproof drivers and connectors according to IP65.
- Low heat generation of the lamp: far less than halogen and HID lamps significantly extends the life of lamps and lanterns.
- Health and Safety: no high voltage and high current start, no circuit interference and electromagnetic radiation, no fan, drivers smaller, easier installation, plug and play.
- Good light beam pattern: with a narrow strip of light emitting surface, close to the halogen design, instead of other products with circular surface.
- You should carefully check if they fit into your car
Buy SNGL 880 LED Fog Light Bulb 6000k
SNGL new super-bright LED light bulb uses 10PCS CREE LEDs and powered by Constant Current Intelligent IC LED Circuitry Technology, which are designed for fast response tim an increase the luminance and light distance so that other drivers can respond to the signals immediately. Moreover, the vehicle will have the appearance and safety of a high-end exotic.
Powered by the improved constant current IC LED circuit technology, 750LM total output per lamp, up to 5 times more light compared to standard stock lamps.
Easy installation, direct plug-and-play replacement of standard halogen lamps, low power consumption, super energy saving.
Highly resistant to vibration and temperature; an optimal thermal design allows constant cooling of the CREE LEDs, ensuring highest light quality and color, saving time and money with a lifetime of 60,000 hours.
Moreover, give your fog lights the perfect cool white color scheme. With CREE LED you can complete your look for maximum style. These lamps consume little power, yet produce high output with powerful CREE LEDs on all five sides. Consume 13 times less energy than standard halogen lamps.
- Perfect performance of the fog beam: More downroad lights without the glare of stray light and stained dark spots.
- Plug-and-play replacement for halogen fog lamps
- Equipped with copper circuit board and intelligent constant current LED circuit technology.
- Faster thermal diffusion, heat resistant, no digital and VHF radio signal interference, long life – extended life over 40,000 hours.
- Extremely bright
- On some vehicles installed in a CAN BUS system, it may be necessary to use the load resistor or decoder to avoid the error code or flashing problems.
Buy NINEO 880 LED Headlight Bulbs
Custom CREE square micro lamp beads on a compact housing, the performance is improved, more than 3 times brighter than a halogen lamp. Small housing for strong fit, it can be used on 99% of vehicle models. These small lamps combine two cooling functions: a turbo fan and a cold-pressed aluminium housing that cools even in tight spaces. Overheating? Absolutely not. Compact housing with a strong core “Intelligent Safety System”, self-correcting to ensure complete protection for you and your equipment. Small body, but not satisfied with mediocrity, 360 degree adjustable buckle to find the perfect lightweight type for you.
- 5 times brighter than conventional halogen lamps, beating 95% less intense LED and HID kit on the market
- Latest 360-degree fully adjustable bracket, you can easily adjust the angle for correct alignment of the lamp sockets to get the perfect light output and light distribution.
- Bold use of an ultra-thin side design, the LED side surface is only 3.45mm, ensures 360-degree uniform light without any dark spots, offers a wider viewing angle and ensures your safety.
- Unique uncovered, double ball bearing fan design, combines 12,000 rpm, and built with a double folded copper core heat sink, ensures maximum heat dissipation, let the NINEO headlamp shine for up to 30,000 hours.
- The heat sink section is only 23.5mm long, fits 95% of the vehicle, after installation there is enough space for the headlight to breathe.
Buy Win Power 880 881 LED Fog Light Bulbs
Each Win Power headlamp is aligned with the base during the manufacturing process using a laser to ensure a perfect beam pattern.
A new era of LED headlamps begins, with the latest optical technology, top-of-the-line CREE LED clips, superior heat dissipation and more.
Powerful LEDs deliver 7200 lumens (3600LM per bulb) and produce bright light for a wider field of view and better visibility in dark and gloomy conditions. Powerful Turbo Cool fan that guarantees your LED headlight lamps over 50,000 hours of brilliant continuous light. The heat sink remains 30% cooler than the standard. The Win-Power bulbs fit into the same socket and are connected to the same connector as your original bulbs. For most cars, no changes are required for installation.
- Super bright and energy efficient turbo bulbs, 200% brighter than halogen headlights.
- IP67 waterproof turbo fan is used to effectively control the heat and ensure continuous full lumen output.
- An expected lifetime of 50.000 hours, Win Power provides a perfect light pattern without dark spots or fog light.
- Easy Installation
- They flicker a lot
Buy KATANA 880 LED Headlight Bulbs
Choose KATANA 880 LED headlight lamps, you will never be disappointed! Each KATANA headlight lamp can emit up to 5090 Lux and 6000 Lumen at 6500k extremely white light, 5 times brighter than halogen, no dark spots! No uneven light distribution. Unique uncovered design that efficiently reduces noise, built with a double folded copper core heat dissipater and coated with aerospace aluminum, combines 12,000 rpm, ensures maximum heat dissipation and lets the KATANA headlight shine for up to 55,000 hours. Bold use of ultra-thin side design, LED side surface has only 3.45 mm, provide 360 degree even light without any dark spot, provide wider viewing angle, and ensure your safety.
Depending on the individuality of your vehicle, we have developed the latest 360-degree fully adjustable mounting collar. You can easily make an angle adjustment for the correct alignment of the lamp sockets to get the perfect light output and light distribution.
The heat sink part is only 23.5 mm long, fits 95% of the vehicle, after installation there is enough space for the headlight to breathe. Can be installed in 20 minutes, plug and play.
- Farther, wider and brighter
- Dual ball bearing fan
- Slimmest design
- 360 Degree Adjustable Beam Angle
- Easy installation
- Imperfect construction of the bulb
Buy Auxbeam Led Headlight Bulbs F-S3 Series 880
There is a lot of power in this product. Of all the products listed in this report, this product has the ability to shine brighter than the rest, and it also has many interesting features that you would not find in an inexpensive LED headlight lamp.
This is also part of the reason why this headlight bulb is on the lips of almost every customer who buys an LED headlight bulb that provides extremely bright and shiny performance.
Imported CSP chips with high power, 360-degree beam without blind zone. The technical light pattern distributes soft white light evenly on the road without dark spot/fog light. 6000K white light provides the best visibility while driving to clearly see the road situation in all weather conditions. The all-in-one thermal conduction and high-speed mute blower system keeps the bulb at a reasonable operating temperature. Constant current instant start, no circuit interference and no electromagnetic radiation.
With a gold-colored housing made of aircraft grade aluminum alloy, they are not only robust and durable, but also look pretty good, like headlight bulbs! The housing also has a heat sink, which helps keep the lamps 30% cooler than standard lamps. There is also a built-in turbo fan. These two features result in optimal heat protection and long lasting performance.
A simple installation interface, an impressive cooling system and a waterproof design make this product reliable and outstanding, but there are still certain issues that customers may not like about this product.
- Can be purchased at a very moderate price
- Has a waterproof construction that prevents damage
- Effective cooling system
- Several compatibility issues
- Its performance is not long lasting.
880 bulb cross reference
Here we have some of the more common onions and their cross references.
880 = 884, 885, 892, 893, 899 have the same socket PG13, different wattages. These are single filament lamps and are used as fog lamps and in some vehicles.
881 = 886, 889, 894, 896, 898 have the same PGJ13 base, different wattages. These are single filament lamps and are used as fog lamps.
When should I use my fog lights?
The police will take action against drivers who mistakenly use fog lights. Here is what you need to know
The use of high-intensity secondary lamps – often known as fog lights – is being considered by police forces across the country.
In every Australian state and territory, it is an offence to drive unnecessarily with fog lights on, and recent lightning incidents have fined unsuspecting drivers in the ACT, NSW, WA and Victoria.
Apparently, both the police and the blinded drivers have had enough of this.
What exactly are fog lights? Moreover, when should they be used? Here is everything you need to know.
How do I know if my fog lights are on?
The headlight switch shows a symbol that crosses the headlight beam with an S-shaped squiggle. The normal headlight beam of your car appears as a symbol without the squiggle.
On many cars, the use of fog lamps is also indicated by a corresponding light symbol on the dashboard. Usually green is used for fog lamps pointing forward and orange is used for fog lamps pointing backwards.
If you are still not sure, it is a good idea to park your car safely and take a walk. Switch the lights through the different positions on the dial to see which lights come on and which do not.
If this is not possible, consult the owner’s manual or contact the manufacturer of your vehicle.
When should I use fog lamps?
As the name suggests, fog lamps are designed for use in fog. According to the letter of the law, the sun simply setting over the western horizon is not a valid reason to switch them on.
However, it is also recommended – and permitted by law – that fog lamps be switched on in other situations, day or night, when visibility is impaired by adverse climatic conditions.
Why can’t I just go on with them?
Just as you would not drive with your high beam on, you should not drive unnecessarily with fog lights.
First, it is annoying. Fog lights can blind and distract other drivers, causing temporary blindness when approaching and/or following vehicles.
It can also lead to rear-end collisions in which ignorant drivers could mistake the high-intensity red lights for your brake lights.
- If it is difficult to see the road on foggy and stormy nights, it may not be enough to rely on your vehicle’s headlights. Fortunately, there is a solution. Some of the excellent fog lights give you a clearer view of the driving environment, increasing your safety and peace of mind.
Advantages of LED fog lamps
- They will protect you. The best fog lights for cars give you a better view in bad weather and allow other drivers to see you better. Protect your passengers by installing the best fog lights on your vehicle.
- They are superior to halogen fog lamps. The best LED fog lamps are more energy efficient than halogen lamps. They also last longer and are ideal for use in bad weather conditions.
- They work better than headlights. Your vehicle’s headlights can reflect fog and reduce visibility, even if they are of high quality. With the brightest fog bulbs, you can see road markings, road signs and other drivers better.
- They look cool. Although they are designed for use in adverse weather conditions, many drivers install them because they enhance the look of their vehicles. If you want to change your ride, this is one way to do it.
BUILT-IN FOG LIGHTS
Some vehicles are equipped with already installed fog lamps. As a rule, they use halogen lamps, which are very common and quite cheap compared to LED fog lamps. However, even the best halogen fog lamps do not last as long as the best LED fog lamps. Halogen lamps are also not as bright as some other types of lamps.
FOG LAMPS FOR THE AFTERMARKET
If your vehicle is not equipped with standard fog lights, adding fog lights is not very expensive. Some are supplied with kits that allow retrofitting. If you want a factory look, you may need to remove the bumper and fit a special radiator grille to your car. Alternatively, you can buy universal fog lights and choose a place to mount them, such as the grille or bumper.
Fog lights vs. driving lights vs. high beam
If you are new to the world of automotive lighting, the various terms you come across may seem confusing at first, but with a little patience, you can understand these differences.
One of the most confusing terms is the type of light, such as fog, driving and high beam. The four most important types of light and their radiations are presented below with some explanations.
You should note that in most cases the bulbs are the same and only the type of lens or reflector added will change the beam and produce the different types of light.
1. Driving lights
Driving lights project a bright, focused and very long beam into the distance. They were originally intended as a supplement to the standard high beam of a vehicle headlamp.
Although driving lights are ideal for the road, they are best used off-road as they provide greater visibility along the road.
The driving lamps are usually mounted on the same level as the normal headlamps of the vehicle. This allows them to focus their beams almost exactly like the headlights, only brighter and further.
Most driving lamps comply with ECE and SAE regulations, which makes them standard-compliant, but some, such as spread-beam headlamps, are not and are often higher, wider and brighter than normal driving lamps.
2. Spot/ long distance lights
Some lights are also equipped with pencil beam lenses, which they use to produce extremely focused beams that penetrate further than the standard driving light. These types are only recommended for high-speed racing and off-road rallies.
These spot or long-range or pencil-like beams are often mounted on the roof of the vehicle to provide the longest possible visibility.
Spot beams are not suitable for normal road use, but they are perfect for off-road driving where speed is important, as they help you to see as far ahead as possible without worrying about oncoming traffic.
3. Front fog lamps
While headlights are narrow and long, fog lights produce wide and short beams. The purpose of fog lights is to provide as much light as possible in the 100 to 350 foot road ahead.
Fog lamps are best mounted close to the ground. This is usually under the headlights and on the bumpers. The light is also directed slightly downwards to provide the best visibility for nearby vehicles.
In terms of color temperature, amber (about 3,000-Kelvin color temperature) works best for fog lights because it provides better visibility in fog, dust and snowstorms than pure white and even blue tinted headlights.
Note, however, that there are different laws in different jurisdictions regarding the use of fog lamps. They are usually street legal, but only if there are no other vehicles within 500 feet of them.
Floodlights produce a broad light that spreads out at a 30-degree angle. These floodlights are not intended for use on the road because they are very powerful and shine in almost all directions.
A floodlight is like a more powerful fog light mounted on the roof of a truck. It is perfect when a large area needs to be illuminated brightly. Floodlights are also ideal for various off-road vehicles as well as for RVs and farming.
On trucks and off-road vehicles they are not ideal for speed, as is the case with floodlights. Rather, they help you get a wider view of the road at slow to medium speeds.