Modern car body paint removers
Third-party paint on the paintwork of the car is an unfortunate nuisance that car owners can face. Today we will consider both classic and proven remedies, as well as new methods of paint removal.
So, pay attention to such modern means:
- Special paste for removing scratches (deep polishing). Such a paste must always be used correctly, otherwise, you can erase the protective layer of the paint coating.
- Car cleaning clay. This is a new product that contains a special type of clay and wax. Judging by the reviews of many motorists, the clay actually helps to remove foreign paint, while keeping the native paintwork intact.
- Gasoline. This product can be used very gently to remove a new coat of paint, whatever type of paint you’re talking about. Gasoline needs to be applied very carefully, there may be damage to the car’s paintwork.
- Acetone, or a nail polish remover based on it.
Other means, can severely damage the original paintwork of the car. Before you start scrubbing the paint with one of the suggested methods, you should test the effect of the product on the surface of the body of your car in one of the subtle areas, Unfortunately, the surface of different cars may react differently to exposure.
Tips to remove paint splatter from the car
Scratch remover paste
A good way to remove paint stains from a car is with scratch remover paste.
With the paste and cloth, you can remove almost any freshly applied paint on the car body. Then a clean cloth (preferably a microfiber cloth) is used to remove the paste residue and clean the damaged area.
Clay for car cleaning
One option in order to wash the paint off the body of the car is clay for car cleaning, it should be sold together with a spray, which is a lubricant for the clay. Also included is a polish, wax, and a microporous cloth.
In case these components are not available, they can be purchased separately. How to scrub paint with clay – clay should be applied to the surface of the microporous cloth, and after removing the foreign paint it is necessary to rub the car with wax. This method works well because it is designed to preserve the paint coating on the car.
Gasoline is another common “do-it-yourself” vehicle paint remover. This chemical is inexpensive and easy to obtain. It works almost as well as nail polish remover. To remove splattered paint from the body of your car, follow the process below:
- Simply blot a small piece of cloth and gently rub the affected area with it.
- Do not force it, as the original car paint may come off with it, or it may become rough and wrinkled.
- Keep water handy and rinse it off as soon as you notice the paint coming off. When you are finished cleaning, rinse off the cleaned part with water and wipe it dry to prevent the car paint from corroding.
Acetone or acetone-based nail polish remover
One option can be an ordinary nail polish remover based on acetone, or buy acetone itself separately.
How to clean the paint splatter from the car with acetone? It is necessary to apply it on a rag and wipe places with foreign paint. The remedy should be applied in a certain layer until the paint starts to come off. But you need to be careful, as an excess of this agent can be the opposite effect. Which will appear in the form of faded paint or a change in its color itself, because an excess of acetone can dissolve the varnish and damage the native paint of the car. The restored area should then be rinsed well.
Сar body polisher
If you’ve spattered paint that’s already dried, especially if it’s oil-based. We recommend that you polish the surface of the car body with a car body polisher. This procedure will remove some of the top layers of paint and polish the damaged surface.
It will be especially easier to wash off the paint if the car was coated with wax before the foreign paint hits it.
It is better to work with a polisher to remove stale paint stains and blemishes. Treatment of the body is done in the following way:
- First, set the wheel with low hardness.
- Moisten it with water.
- Apply a scratch paste.
- Set the mode to about 2000 rpm (your tool may have a different speed, choose medium mode).
- Polish by moving the tool evenly.
- Then, reduce the wheel speed to 1000 rpm.
- Use a polish without abrasive particles.
- When processing, it is important to ensure that each polished area does not cross the previous one, but is parallel.
- Polishing is carried out with smooth movements without pressing hard on the body element.
Working with car paintwork is quite a complex and delicate process, whatever the procedures. Therefore, it is extremely important to perform quality paintwork restoration and get really good opportunities to implement certain bodywork restoration processes.
It is possible to eliminate the effects of paint on the body of your car on your own, but in that case, you are exposed to a certain risk. It is necessary to assess the complexity of the damage in order to fully neutralize the consequences and prevent the destruction of the paintwork on your car.