Nerf bars for the car are a fictitious tuning of the vehicle. This interesting element can not only decorate the appearance of the car, but also save the body from corrosion, which can cause damage to the car on drifts or curbs. Side steps have to experience a great load. After all, they are used for getting into the car. They give the car a complete look. Such footrests are especially relevant for cars of large size and SUVs.
Advantages of using nerf step bars for Chevy Silverado
Nerf step bars perform several functions. They protect the thresholds of the body from damage, as well as help the passenger with comfortable boarding in the vehicle.
Sidestep rails can be created from a variety of materials. The design of each product is individual and suitable for a particular model. It is very important to provide not only protective but also aesthetic parameters when installing such thresholds. Choosing nerf step bars you need to consider the properties of the coating, the distance between the mounts, other parameters.
When choosing side thresholds for the car, pay attention to the most durable products that can last a long time. Pay attention to their strength. The product should have a special coating, which protects them from environmental influences, including corrosion. Most of the car thresholds are water- and dirt-repellent. They are resistant to wear and tear and come with reliable fasteners.
- Plastic-based sills are inexpensive. However, they are short-lived in use. Such sills come standard on the car and have a short service life. So, over time, they quickly fail.
- Metal thresholds are a more reliable option. They are available in a huge range and have a long service life. They are made of aluminum, stainless steel, and other alloys. For motorists who want to not only increase the comfort of using their car but also to make a beautiful tuning, it is recommended to buy thresholds with lighting. When the car owner will open the car doors, the sills will be illuminated. This looks incredibly stylish. In addition, the backlighting facilitates more comfortable boarding for passengers at night.
Nerf Bars – Best Choice
Best Side Steps for Chevy Silverado
Table of contents:
- Tyger Auto Nerf Bars
- Westin Pro Traxx 4 Oval Nerf Step Bars
- APS iBoard Running Boards Nerf Bars
- Ionic Stainless Steel Curved Nerf Bars
- HD Ridez Aluminum Drop Steps
How To Choose Nerf Bars
Best 5 Nerf Step Bars for Chevy Silverado
Tyger Auto Nerf Bars
Westin Pro Traxx 4 Oval Nerf Step Bars
APS iBoard Running Boards Nerf Bars
Ionic Stainless Steel Curved Nerf Bars
HD Ridez Aluminum Drop Steps
We have tested the nerf bars for Chevy Silverado and selected the best products for you
The main types of nerf bars
There is a wide range of nerf bars for off-road vehicles on the market for attachments.
All nerf bars can be divided into 3-4 types: aluminum thresholds, plastic decorative, universal, and power metal.
- Plastic nerf bars, as a rule, have a stylish design and add individuality to your car. But they are unlikely to resist a blow on the curb and fairly limited in vertical load (if they simultaneously stand two people – mount can not stand)
- Universal side step rails – their advantage is the relatively cheap cost, but not every car will look harmoniously and in most cases, it is necessary to finalize mounting their frame.
- Power metal side step rails are popular among fans of the most severe off-roading, largely due to their reliability and strong design, but not always neat and stylish look in the city.
Aluminum side step rails are considered the golden mean:
Three variants of modern design will satisfy the tastes of many motorists, stainless steel trim will add individuality
Load capacity: The aluminum profile and reinforced steel threshold brackets are designed for heavy loads and can easily bear the weight of two people
- Body-ready design of the running boards during installation requires no drilling or modifications
- Preserves ground clearance
- Nerf step bars made of rubberized plastic act as an anti-slip coating
- Nerf step bars are resistant to temperature fluctuations